Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP Shipping....

PLEASE HELP Shipping....

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default PLEASE HELP Shipping....

Hi everyone,
Could anyone tell me I am looking into shipping our stuff over to perth and have been in touch with Crown relocations who tell me that they will not ship any opened toiletries which we have lots of ( perfume, aftershave, makeup, false tan. I do hair/beauty and nails so have numerous products already open or anything classed as hazardous. Even a can of deodrant stated extremley flammable though. I also spoke to another firm cant remember there name that said they dont ship any toiletries or nail varnish or perfume. I also contacted lv shipping recommended to me by someone who did ship there hair dressing products and they emailed me back to say they dont ship personal effects. Can anyone help with all this I thought you could just take everything I even contacted customs in oz who emailed me back to say my hair products are not restricted items and could be brought in to the country and it was between me and the shipping compaines how I got it here. Am getting confused now and it doesnt take a lot from Laine.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:25 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP Shipping....

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi everyone,
Could anyone tell me I am looking into shipping our stuff over to perth and have been in touch with Crown relocations who tell me that they will not ship any opened toiletries which we have lots of ( perfume, aftershave, makeup, false tan. I do hair/beauty and nails so have numerous products already open or anything classed as hazardous. Even a can of deodrant stated extremley flammable though. I also spoke to another firm cant remember there name that said they dont ship any toiletries or nail varnish or perfume. I also contacted lv shipping recommended to me by someone who did ship there hair dressing products and they emailed me back to say they dont ship personal effects. Can anyone help with all this I thought you could just take everything I even contacted customs in oz who emailed me back to say my hair products are not restricted items and could be brought in to the country and it was between me and the shipping compaines how I got it here. Am getting confused now and it doesnt take a lot from Laine.
Good question, that's something I hadn'tthought off. I've got loads of perfumes etc that I was just expecting to ship. Look forward to hearing the responses on this one. We've got shippers here next week so will ask them tyhe same question.

gill
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:41 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi everyone,
For carriers moving hazardous cargo can be a nightmare... Think there's minimum quantities for declarations though... Have you tried a search here for other shipping companies and tried contacting them...?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I expected not to be allowed to ship toiletries etc so I moved them all out of the house before it was packed up - then afterwards lots of people said that they could be packed no problems and their packers had taken half open bubble bath bottles etc! So now I have two boxes full of toiletries, some open some not, which I am going to try and send with my airfreight instead! (In the possibly vain hope that they will not all explode with the pressure and leak all over each other )
I wonder if the rules have changed with the whole liquid-phobia that seems to have swept through security peoples in the last few months?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
I expected not to be allowed to ship toiletries etc so I moved them all out of the house before it was packed up - then afterwards lots of people said that they could be packed no problems and their packers had taken half open bubble bath bottles etc! So now I have two boxes full of toiletries, some open some not, which I am going to try and send with my airfreight instead! (In the possibly vain hope that they will not all explode with the pressure and leak all over each other )
I wonder if the rules have changed with the whole liquid-phobia that seems to have swept through security peoples in the last few months?
I shipped bubble bath, perfume and nail varnish in fair quantities (about 30 bottles of the bubbles and the nail varnish!) with no problem 3 years ago. I've also just had some more stuff packed up by a professional company and they've also packed a load of bubbly stuff for me. (None of it is aerosols though). I've also brought that kind of thing by air, though it needs to go in hold luggage.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:45 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

We used Dorree Bonner in UK, and they were brilliant. We had toiletries such as shower gels, soap, shampoo, body lotions and they brought it all. One thing I found amusing was that the sealed the shower gels so they couldn't leak, but didn't bother closing the top on the talc (Steve sorted the shipping ) so the box was dry but very talcy!

I am also a beauty therapist and have a lot of my own products - waxes, lotions, potions, chemicals for acrylic nails, gel nail products, varnishes, eye lash tints and peroxides etc and these were all brought over without a problem.

I also read on here that candles werent a good idea to put in a container. I would like just to say I brought a hell of a lot (a lor more than I thought I had got oops) and they have all made it fine. There were candles in jars, tea lights, pillars, floating candles and they didn't melt or become misshapen in any way shape or form.

I also discovered when I unpacked my bread bin that my lovely OH had stuffed some packets of Ready Brek and Hot oat cereals (the small ones not the boxes) in there and they made it, as did a few herbs and spices that he had left in the spice rack to travel.

Dorree Bonner - I can't recommend highly enough, the only things we had broken was a plate (which I packed) and a big vase that for some reason wasn't wrapped properly. But from a whole 20ft container I would say that isn't bad at all. Nothing was missing and Grace International at this end were fabulous too. Oh and they were speedy too - our shipment left UK on the
9th Dec, arrived in Freo on the 4th Jan, was cleared by AQIS and customs by the 20th and stored without a problem, quite cheaply until we wanted it 3 weeks later.

Sorry for waffing on.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the move

Shirley
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi there

We used Dorree Bonner in UK, and they were brilliant. We had toiletries such as shower gels, soap, shampoo, body lotions and they brought it all. One thing I found amusing was that the sealed the shower gels so they couldn't leak, but didn't bother closing the top on the talc (Steve sorted the shipping ) so the box was dry but very talcy!

I am also a beauty therapist and have a lot of my own products - waxes, lotions, potions, chemicals for acrylic nails, gel nail products, varnishes, eye lash tints and peroxides etc and these were all brought over without a problem.

I also read on here that candles werent a good idea to put in a container. I would like just to say I brought a hell of a lot (a lor more than I thought I had got oops) and they have all made it fine. There were candles in jars, tea lights, pillars, floating candles and they didn't melt or become misshapen in any way shape or form.

I also discovered when I unpacked my bread bin that my lovely OH had stuffed some packets of Ready Brek and Hot oat cereals (the small ones not the boxes) in there and they made it, as did a few herbs and spices that he had left in the spice rack to travel.

Dorree Bonner - I can't recommend highly enough, the only things we had broken was a plate (which I packed) and a big vase that for some reason wasn't wrapped properly. But from a whole 20ft container I would say that isn't bad at all. Nothing was missing and Grace International at this end were fabulous too. Oh and they were speedy too - our shipment left UK on the
9th Dec, arrived in Freo on the 4th Jan, was cleared by AQIS and customs by the 20th and stored without a problem, quite cheaply until we wanted it 3 weeks later.

Sorry for waffing on.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the move

Shirley
Hi,
Thanks everyone for your replies I may have just been unlucky in the ones i chose to phone i will try yours now. Thanks shirley so pleased to know i can ship my beauty products as they cost me a fortune. Thanks again from Laine
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

The reason they wont ship items which are highly flammable is the incredibly high temperatures a container and its contents can get to at sea. Its nothing to do with customs etc, its to stop your ship catching on fire