Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help (Our house buyers pull out)

Please help (Our house buyers pull out)

Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Default Please help (Our house buyers pull out)

Hi all hope you can give me some advice with this tricky situation.
I’ve been selling my house in the UK and its taken 3 months to get to exchange of contracts, and on the day that its meant to happen, the buyers pull out.
I have a job in Australia (Gold Coast) that I’m meant to start on the 23rd of July 2007, its good paid and it makes a lot of things fall into place like which area to live in ect.
I’m in a good relationship and not sure whether to go on my own and leave my partner to sell the house, or not go and forget about the job as it cant be held for me as they need to fill the vacancy ASAP.
I have two flight pre booked and they are been held until the 6/7/07 (Friday), so if I have not booked them by Friday, they will be gone
We both have to be in Auz before 17th Sep to activate our visa’s.
Its not possible for both of us to go now and leave the house for parents to sort out as we need the money from the sale of the house to make it all work.
I don’t want you guys and gals to make my mind up just give your opinion what you think I should do
Please help
Lee
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default Re: Please help (Our house buyers pull out)

Hi lee,we was in a chain for 4 months and the same thing happened to us.It made me feel bad.We had party booked and the house is empty.We have another viewing tonight at 7 so we need some prayers.Good luck in what you decide to do sending you some karmax
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, very sorry about your buyers! :curse:
nothing you can do though now apart from start again, unless dropping the price a bit if they sign right away..????

personally i would go, you need to validate by Sept anyway and leave house with agent. start your job and secure your future in Australia, you should have enough cash to get you by... with regards to selling it, dont think you would sell in time anyway, so if your partner ok with it she could come back after validating and stay till sold.... ??? seems daft to let the secure job go, but will be very hard on you both for a few months...

Could your relationship stand the pressure of being apart for so long.... i would get on the market with 2 agents, the best in the area as you only pay the valuation of one if they dont sell (about 150 i think) will give your house more exposure and agents got competition so should work harder to sell your house for you as a race to the cash! This may work, then your partner could leave once the contracts exchanged... might only be 6-12 wks... not so bad really....

good luck with what you decide anyhow. xx S-j x
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Crap, very sorry about your buyers! :curse:
nothing you can do though now apart from start again, unless dropping the price a bit if they sign right away..????

personally i would go, you need to validate by Sept anyway and leave house with agent. start your job and secure your future in Australia, you should have enough cash to get you by... with regards to selling it, dont think you would sell in time anyway, so if your partner ok with it she could come back after validating and stay till sold.... ??? seems daft to let the secure job go, but will be very hard on you both for a few months...

Could your relationship stand the pressure of being apart for so long.... i would get on the market with 2 agents, the best in the area as you only pay the valuation of one if they dont sell (about 150 i think) will give your house more exposure and agents got competition so should work harder to sell your house for you as a race to the cash! This may work, then your partner could leave once the contracts exchanged... might only be 6-12 wks... not so bad really....

good luck with what you decide anyhow. xx S-j x
we have just gone on with 2 agents [yesterday].sole agent was 1.35%, with 2%for 2agents. im willing to bite the bullet and i think its made a difference already.at the end of the day the law needs changing.as an agent told me. there is nothing stopping someone going up and down the country putting offers in just for fun and then pulling out.
its just plain WRONG
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it. xx
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
I’ve been selling my house in the UK and its taken 3 months to get to exchange of contracts, and on the day that its meant to happen, the buyers pull out.
I have a job in Australia (Gold Coast) that I’m meant to start on the 23rd of July 2007, its good paid and it makes a lot of things fall into place like which area to live in ect.
I’m in a good relationship and not sure whether to go on my own and leave my partner to sell the house, or not go and forget about the job as it cant be held for me as they need to fill the vacancy ASAP.
I have two flight pre booked and they are been held until the 6/7/07 (Friday), so if I have not booked them by Friday, they will be gone
Its not possible for both of us to go now and leave the house for parents to sort out as we need the money from the sale of the house to make it all work.
I don’t want you guys and gals to make my mind up just give your opinion what you think I should do
Please help
Lee
Hi have you asked your agent or solicitor why they have pulled out and if anything can be done? They must be loosing money in survey fees etc. All the best.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:18 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your bad news-this seems to happen a helluva lot! I think if it was me & as the job is a good one I'd go out and (sadly) leave partner to sell up and hope it sells in time for them to come over by 17 Sept. At least you can start earning over there & if possible aving towards partner's validation flight in case the new sale doesn't complete in time??

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Please help
Lee
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi Lee & Jade, can feel for you on this one its happened to us on the last 3 houses we have sold and cost us loads in abort fees from solicitor, its about time buyers were made financially responsible for pull out costs they wouldnt do it so easily then. Because of whats happened to us in the past we have sold up and renting in the uk just waiting for the visa and then were off.

If it were me I would get yourself and your partner to Oz and get your new life started, let the agents earn their money for once, my cousin did this last year and although money was tight for a few months it all came good in the end.

Good luck with whatever you choose,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Rotten luck, but very common, and yes the law should be changed. It happened to me twicw before it finally sold.

You say you need the money to make it work, but could you find another way? Maybe rent the house and get a loan for deposit, paid for by the house rent? Or you could maybe get a 100% mortgage. They do no doc mortgages over there.

Without knowing your exact situation it's hard to be helpful, but best of luck with it. Q
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

propercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nice

its a bummer but it happens dont look back look forward and if I were you I would get out there and secure that job and let the agent in this country do his stuff good luck
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

The buyers for our house also pilled out so I know how you feel. We are going to go anyway and if the house hasn't sold we will give the solicitor power of attorney and leave it to sell. We are quite lucky in that we have a little bit put aside but that wont last long, so things will be tight at first.

If you can I would just go as from it as from what I've seen on this forum good jobs can be hard to come by.

Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope you get a new buyer soon.

Jules
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel for you, its not a good place to be...

can you change mortgage to interest only (reducing outgoings) and get family to handle it for you? People do sell houses from the other side oof the world .... with telephiones and email and faxes it can be done....

I'm hoping that the house these miserable gits DO eventually buy falls down
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, I believe in Karma so I am praying that there house falls down.
Lee
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:00 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

sending some karma your way.....take the bull by the horns, go to OZ, get the job validate, then if poss get OH to sort property....don't let this chance slip you by....Ems x