British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Please Help on NZ RRV .. please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/please-help-nz-rrv-please-112600/)

nokirim Oct 9th 2002 10:12 am

Please Help on NZ RRV .. please

Hi, I hope that some of you can advise me...

I am really confused now. My ex husband did not get its RRV extended, he is now overseas. While I am currently studying at the university and still another year to go before graduation.

I am basically studying now and has no intention to go overseas at the moment, but I am afraid that my exhusband RRV-nontextension will affect mine as well.

If that won't affect me (that's I will not apply for the RRV), I wonder whether if I stay until more than 3 years, I can apply for the citizenship?

I am confused and worried, how about the immigration ask me to go.....

What should I do?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

nokirim

nokirim Oct 9th 2002 10:31 am

Re: Please Help on (additional info)

Additional information: am currently in NZ.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nokirim:
Hi, I hope that some of you can advise me...

I am really confused now. My ex husband did not get its RRV extended, he is now overseas. While I am currently studying at the university and still another year to go before graduation.

I am basically studying now and has no intention to go overseas at the moment, but I am afraid that my exhusband RRV-nontextension will affect mine as well.

If that won't affect me (that's I will not apply for the RRV), I wonder whether if I stay until more than 3 years, I can apply for the citizenship?

I am confused and worried, how about the immigration ask me to go.....

What should I do?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

nokirim

Don Oct 9th 2002 12:37 pm

Thanks.

More info please. Do you have PR as principal applicant's spouse? Or as principal applicant?

nokirim Oct 9th 2002 11:49 pm

Thanks for your reply,

My ex was the principal applicant. I have the PR as the spouse. I am currently studying at Auckland Uni, doing my bachelor. Next year will be my graduation.

My RRV (first RRV) will be expired in end of October 2002. I wonder what happened to me, since my ex's RRV is expiring (and mine too).

And to repeat the question: will I be allowed to stay in NZ (without subsequent and valid RRV?) Well since I have lived separatedly with my ex for 2 years, could I be able to apply for the citizen myself?

Many thanks.

Thanks.

Don Oct 10th 2002 6:09 am

Actually I think my supplementary was pointless - sorry. A NZ PR holder can stay indefinitely in NZ, regardless of whether or not they have a valid RRV or were the principal applicantor not.

Of course, without a valid RRV you have no right to leave NZ and come back in again with PR status, so you should never travel abroad without a valid RRV. Since you hold PR status in your own right, you should have no problem getting an 'indefinite' RRV after the first 2 years in NZ or NZ citizenship after 3 years - provided you show your commitment to NZ (ie live there most of the time and pay NZ taxes if appropriate) and don't get into serious trouble with the law.

Cheers - Don

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]