Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please Help on NZ RRV .. please

Please Help on NZ RRV .. please

Old Oct 9th 2002, 10:12 am
Just Joined

nokirim is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Please Help on NZ RRV .. please

Hi, I hope that some of you can advise me...

I am really confused now. My ex husband did not get its RRV extended, he is now overseas. While I am currently studying at the university and still another year to go before graduation.

I am basically studying now and has no intention to go overseas at the moment, but I am afraid that my exhusband RRV-nontextension will affect mine as well.

If that won't affect me (that's I will not apply for the RRV), I wonder whether if I stay until more than 3 years, I can apply for the citizenship?

I am confused and worried, how about the immigration ask me to go.....

What should I do?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

nokirim
Old Oct 9th 2002, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Please Help on (additional info)

Additional information: am currently in NZ.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nokirim:
Hi, I hope that some of you can advise me...

I am really confused now. My ex husband did not get its RRV extended, he is now overseas. While I am currently studying at the university and still another year to go before graduation.

I am basically studying now and has no intention to go overseas at the moment, but I am afraid that my exhusband RRV-nontextension will affect mine as well.

If that won't affect me (that's I will not apply for the RRV), I wonder whether if I stay until more than 3 years, I can apply for the citizenship?

I am confused and worried, how about the immigration ask me to go.....

What should I do?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

nokirim
Old Oct 9th 2002, 12:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

More info please. Do you have PR as principal applicant's spouse? Or as principal applicant?
Old Oct 9th 2002, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply,

My ex was the principal applicant. I have the PR as the spouse. I am currently studying at Auckland Uni, doing my bachelor. Next year will be my graduation.

My RRV (first RRV) will be expired in end of October 2002. I wonder what happened to me, since my ex's RRV is expiring (and mine too).

And to repeat the question: will I be allowed to stay in NZ (without subsequent and valid RRV?) Well since I have lived separatedly with my ex for 2 years, could I be able to apply for the citizen myself?

Many thanks.

Thanks.

Old Oct 10th 2002, 6:09 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I think my supplementary was pointless - sorry. A NZ PR holder can stay indefinitely in NZ, regardless of whether or not they have a valid RRV or were the principal applicantor not.

Of course, without a valid RRV you have no right to leave NZ and come back in again with PR status, so you should never travel abroad without a valid RRV. Since you hold PR status in your own right, you should have no problem getting an 'indefinite' RRV after the first 2 years in NZ or NZ citizenship after 3 years - provided you show your commitment to NZ (ie live there most of the time and pay NZ taxes if appropriate) and don't get into serious trouble with the law.

Cheers - Don

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]