Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before monday

please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before monday

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before mo

Originally Posted by Kapri
Good luck for today Katy

Let us know how it goes x
hope all goes well for you today... I'm sure he will be fine..let us know how it goes...
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice
Default Re: please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before mo

fingers crossed for you today. Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed that your pooch will be okay.
Please let us know how he gets on
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

bona fortuna, good luck for today
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER
bona fortuna, good luck for today
Fingers and toes all crossed.............and loads of karma to you and your 'baby'!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

When we took our dog (Staffy) to Heathrow and he was put into the crate (he's used to em as was crate trained!) he knew sommit was up and started trying to get out of it (wooden one as well). The vet said if he didn't calm down he wouldn't be able to fly, but would put him out of sight for a while and see how he goes.

Thankfully after 10 mins he did and was allowed to fly! ...

By the time he got to Sydney, when they opened the hold he was apparently out of the crate and running around! ... I knew what he's capable of and had suspicions of him getting out, but didn't say anything as we obv wanted him to fly!

DEF go for the plastic variety. Puzzles me how they can put a dog like a staffy in something made of wood! ... cricket balls last 10 mins with my dog ...

Best of luck to you and mutley!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

my mum spoke to the dog warden n he was with our dog and could hear my boy barking and stuff, so don't think he's very happy there

Well lets hope he has barked so much he has worn himself out and fell asleep.........bless him!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Wishing and hoping that all goes well Katy ....I worried myself silly when I flew my budgie from Adelaide to Perth...when I went to the freight terminal to pick him up I was frightened of looking into his 'hospital cage' ....he was absolutely fine and looked like he'd enjoyed every minute of the flight. When I peeked around into his hospital cage, he said " Sonny's mummy's precious baby"...I knew he was just fine then
Please let us know if he arrives safely, I know it's a worrying time for you.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi it was a wooden crate he chewed through!!the little buggar!!they've got a plastic one coming from dorset to put him in that instead, he went in the crate fine it's the noise of the planes that's freaked him....but can't see anyway we can overcome that...fingers crossed for monday that he'll settle a bit, just want them to put him on the flight cause he'd calm down when he was on it and up in the air when it's quiter...
Yes do get a plastic crate, he'll be safe in there, the wooden ones aren't secure enough for alot of dogs. I've 4 Staffords to send over and two will go in plastic whilst the two oldies will be fine in the wooden, it's worrying me about my boy freaking out at it all. They are all cage trained anyhow but with the noise etc, a blanket over his cage will help and he won't get through the plastic ones. Now they know it's a problem maybe they can take and put him straight on next time.

Fingers and toes crossed for you xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

By the time he got to Sydney, when they opened the hold he was apparently out of the crate and running around! ... I knew what he's capable of and had suspicions of him getting out, but didn't say anything as we obv wanted him to fly!

Best of luck to you and mutley!
Oh my god, that's why two of mine are going in plastic
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Randalls
Very very best of luck with getting your staffie away on Wednesday night..
I can't imagine how worried you must be
My two are both crate trained, one is a real wuss and was very frightened of fireworks and thunderstorms, we certainly helped perpetuate that fear too!
But since getting our 2nd Stafford (who is now almost 2 yrs old) she has changed incredibly..
I have no doubt though, whether frightened of storms or not, they will still both be very stressed about the whole experience..
Very best of luck again, and let us know how you get on!
Hi Tracey Bet this is worrying you as much as me
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:12 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

hi paul and nick.

oh god that scares me, they have to get off in singapore for refuelling n i'm scared that he'll have chewed through and he
ll be running round when they open the doors, i'm just so scared i know that he'd be so scared and just bolt...i really hope these plastic crates are chew proof!!!!!in 7 hours time i'll know if he's on that plane!!!aaarrrgh!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Dont they use steel crates ?. Hope all goes well
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Wishing and hoping that all goes well Katy ....I worried myself silly when I flew my budgie from Adelaide to Perth...when I went to the freight terminal to pick him up I was frightened of looking into his 'hospital cage' ....he was absolutely fine and looked like he'd enjoyed every minute of the flight. When I peeked around into his hospital cage, he said " Sonny's mummy's precious baby"...I knew he was just fine then
Please let us know if he arrives safely, I know it's a worrying time for you.
Ah bless ya - now that's what I call true love
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:14 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Hi
is he on the plane????
i have been waiting to see for the last couple of hours but no reply as of yet!!!

keep us updated plz

kind regards
michell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.