Reload this Page >

Please help! 457 visas...

Please help! 457 visas...

Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:10 am
Just Joined

lanchutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! 457 visas...

Hi everybody hope you are all well,

My employer said they would sponsor me but they are a small firm and somebody told me they would have to pay a lot in medical insurance. They can just about afford to pay me the minimum salary required but I got told that they would have to pay $$$$ for medical insurance etc and it is pricey.

Does anybody know anymore about the employer side of the 457 visa as I am going to have to fill out the whole application process myself!

Cheers,

Claire
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help! 457 visas...

Clare,

Unless the company already has 457 places approved..and you are only taking about the employer nomination for you part of the 457...

I don't think there is anyway that you will be able to do all their paperwork since the company is required to justify things like training they are giving to Australian's and investments they are making to try to find Australians..etc details that you can't answer

BTW - sorry to be negative
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
are you from the UK? Are you UK citizen?
As Australia has agreement with a couple of countries so you can access free medical care. See medicare website.

You register on arrival with medicare and they give you cards, then you can use the hospitals and gp services. This is supposed to be only necessary medical care but Ive been to the doctors with the kids and also got referral for hospital free. So appears to cover most things.

Although dental and some other services are private here.

Our employer does not supply private health care. We were told we can purchase it.

A lot of employers do supply medical insurance, but not all of them do. Id check whether you are eligable for medicare via the agreement.

GEMS
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:51 am
Just Joined

lanchutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I am a UK citizen. Basically it is ran by my friends and they do have an R and D grant to invest in building software and take on uni and TAFE students but because they are entrepreneurial there is no official paperwork in place to document this and I was going to have to write a damn training manual and stuff as I am the only one that isn't flat out working all the time. I am not sure if it is too much hassle or whether I should possibly try elsewhere. I've never written something like that before!