Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Playground equipment

Wikiposts

Playground equipment

Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:53 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Playground equipment

Hi, we have been looking for playground equipment for the back garden for a while. You know the usual stuff, swings, slide perhaps a climbing frame. The only one we have been able to find is a hills one made of metal. We would prefer a wooden, or plastic one. Have found loads of internet sites that have them in the uk but not over here where we have the weather. Any ideas, have obvioulsy tried the usual places like toys r us. Perth area if poss, to save on shipping. Thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:09 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Playground equipment

Originally Posted by sandradee
Hi, we have been looking for playground equipment for the back garden for a while. You know the usual stuff, swings, slide perhaps a climbing frame. The only one we have been able to find is a hills one made of metal. We would prefer a wooden, or plastic one. Have found loads of internet sites that have them in the uk but not over here where we have the weather. Any ideas, have obvioulsy tried the usual places like toys r us. Perth area if poss, to save on shipping. Thanks.
I too would love to know the answer to this, all the stuff in Toys R Us is pretty small, and not going to entertain a child for too long. Does anybody have any ideas...................
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I too would love to know the answer to this, all the stuff in Toys R Us is pretty small, and not going to entertain a child for too long. Does anybody have any ideas...................
Hi another interested party. I was going to buy it here and ship out but we have a very full container. I have looked on the Oz ebay and you can get some good deals there but I dont know anywhere else.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:48 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hope this one helps... its at Cloverdale near Perth Int Airport....

http://www.forparkaust.com.au/
PERTH - Cloverdale 6105 - Ph: (08) 9472 1788

Claire
xxx
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

The ony one I know of is Peppertown http://www.peppertown.com.au/play.htm.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:14 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

E-bay! www.ebay.com.au - You can specify your area for local pick up too! You' ll pick up one for around $100
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Wow, look what you can buy, this one is a "proper"playground & you can pick up from Perth!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....980432088&rd=1

I want one!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:52 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your replies, Peppertown seems good, but not sure yet how much shipping would be as they are on the other coast. Also looked on Ebay, and will continue to look. Quite funny, I went into Karrinyup today to the ELC and asked, and although the lady said they hadn't got anything at the moment she showed me the uk catalogue that had one that was perfect. Oh well.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:59 pm
ABCDiamond

These two places do the commercial sized plastic ones, but they may be able to point you in the right direction for garden sized ones ?

http://www.rhinoplay.com.au

http://www.playtec.com.au

Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:56 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Playground equipment

Thanks for your replies, Peppertown seems good, but not sure yet how much shipping would be as they are on the other coast. Also looked on Ebay, and will continue to look. Quite funny, I went into Karrinyup today to the ELC and asked, and although the lady said they hadn't got anything at the moment she showed me the uk catalogue that had one that was perfect. Oh well.
I was going to reply to this before but forgot. I know you said you tried Toys'r'us but they to have a catalogue (they do in the UK anyway) as they cant keep all the larger things in stock. Did you have a look at it or did they have one?

I dont know whether its the same for all kids but with ours as soon as you buy something for your own garden they play with it for a couple of days and then it just sits there gathering that dusty layer and a huge amount of cobwebs ! ! !

We generally just prefer to take them to different parks as they are free and usually have different things to play on. The same as the swimming pool scenario. If people were really honest I bet they dont use it as much as they thought or said they would!

R.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't like the look of the metal Hills one either, it's more suited for smaller kids, ours are older but still like to play on something in the garden. I went to PlayMart last week, they're in High Wycombe, near Perth airport. They supply commercial and residential playground equipment. (If anyone's kids have played on the equipment at Abingdon Miniature Village here in Mandurah, that was supplied by PlayMart.) They have a huge range of equipment, wooden frames, cubby houses, playforts, climbing frames, swings, slides, seesaws, combination of the above, they can pretty much make what you want to order. They don't have a website, but will send a catalogue through the post. Give them a ring on 9454-8265 or visit their showroom at 205 Dundas Road, High Wycombe. I've ordered a big climbing platform with swings, slide and scramble net, which will hopefully keep the kids amused (along with the trampoline, flying fox and other joys we never had as kids!). They want a quad bike too, but at over $3000 they could be waiting a while for one of those!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:51 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Jacqui
We didn't like the look of the metal Hills one either, it's more suited for smaller kids, ours are older but still like to play on something in the garden. I went to PlayMart last week, they're in High Wycombe, near Perth airport. They supply commercial and residential playground equipment. (If anyone's kids have played on the equipment at Abingdon Miniature Village here in Mandurah, that was supplied by PlayMart.) They have a huge range of equipment, wooden frames, cubby houses, playforts, climbing frames, swings, slides, seesaws, combination of the above, they can pretty much make what you want to order. They don't have a website, but will send a catalogue through the post. Give them a ring on 9454-8265 or visit their showroom at 205 Dundas Road, High Wycombe. I've ordered a big climbing platform with swings, slide and scramble net, which will hopefully keep the kids amused (along with the trampoline, flying fox and other joys we never had as kids!). They want a quad bike too, but at over $3000 they could be waiting a while for one of those!
Thanks Jacqui, that seems to be what we are after, I have phoned them for a brochure.