Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place down under

A place down under

Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default A place down under

I watched the above listed show last night, a 1 hour beginning to end of the Russell family.

For a start it was obvious the family were moving to try to help there failing relationship - big mistake as all they were doing was put more pressure on themselves. At the end it said that he had gone home on business and it could take up to 6 months to sort out, but he shipped his car back to the UK!.

I can understand not saying on the show that they had split up for the immigration reason, as I'm sure the visa they went on was 163 business owners meaning only 4 years prov then full residency if they hit the criteria,

I would be interested to find out how long ago that show was filmed and whether or not she is still their doe anyone know what happened to them?

Mark
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A place down under

It was filmed about two years ago, repeated so many times I cant bring myself to watch anymore...
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

there was a channel 4 update ealy this year 1 year on, he came back to England , she stayed and went on alone.

I am not surprised he left with the step daughter from hell though!!

Chris
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
there was a channel 4 update ealy this year 1 year on, he came back to England , she stayed and went on alone.

I am not surprised he left with the step daughter from hell though!!

Chris
Your right the daughter needed a firm hand, the guy needed the girls mother to back him up when he was trying to discipline her!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bridiej
It was filmed about two years ago, repeated so many times I cant bring myself to watch anymore...
Cheers, I am watching the bit shows about half a dozen familes during the week but its the first time I have seen the individual stories.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by wildmark
Cheers, I am watching the bit shows about half a dozen familes during the week but its the first time I have seen the individual stories.
I think the family with their heads screwed on the most were the Vorsters - Dad emigrating with his two kids.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I think the family with their heads screwed on the most were the Vorsters - Dad emigrating with his two kids.
Dead right, he was the only one who had a positive outlook, can't remember the name but she was a midwife and he was a bricky....they should have got straight back on the plane and gone home. She moaned about everything from traffic lights to washing machines..

Mark
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:13 am
ad4ozz

Mrs. Skegg could moan for all of England but her hubby the bricky was chilled just put upon by her. Built house and she said isn't big enough or why haven't you done this and that.

She will def have been bad for UK Oz relations.

Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:15 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Dead right, he was the only one who had a positive outlook, can't remember the name but she was a midwife and he was a bricky....they should have got straight back on the plane and gone home. She moaned about everything from traffic lights to washing machines..

Mark

Creative editing squeezing 6 months into an hour

Don't be so niave
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:20 am

The other ones who seemed to more settled were the Welsh family in Melbourne (the guy was a Kiss fan) but I thought it was sad that they spent so much time with other Welsh Expats rather than mixing with the locals...
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:24 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your right the daughter needed a firm hand, the guy needed the girls mother to back him up when he was trying to discipline her!

I hope the daughter looks at the program when she is older and realises how rude and silly she made herself look. I agree, the mother needed to back the guy up - it was almost as if she enjoyed the two of them bickering. I wonder though if the TV people just never showed the bits where they did actually all get along or if how they were shown is how they really are/were.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:21 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

You're not wrong there Bridie!

After the third time of watching the series, I now cringe when anyone mentions the programme!!!

D D
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't blame him for going back. With a cow like that as a wife and a step daughter that needs sorting out I would be on the next plane back!

I just hope I never run into them as I live just up the road from Robina.

Australia should not encourage scum bags like these to settle here.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:42 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don't blame him for going back. With a cow like that as a wife and a step daughter that needs sorting out I would be on the next plane back!

I just hope I never run into them as I live just up the road from Robina.

Australia should not encourage scum bags like these to settle here.

That's a bit strong

Why is it when ever there's one of these programs on everyone thinks they're better than the people in them
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
That's a bit strong

Why is it when ever there's one of these programs on everyone thinks they're better than the people in them
Maybe because the participants are dimwits, scumbags, wonkers or mentaly challenged or all of these put together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.