plastering info

Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:30 am
Just Joined

flix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plastering info

This Is A Question Directed To Plasterers Or Tradies Amongst You,
Just Bought An Old Weather Board House, And I Am Starting To Renovate. Having Done A Fair Bit Of Plastering In The U.k (skimming) I Am Looking At Reskimming The Walls In My New House, They Are Made From Lathe And Plaster.
I Am Trying To Find An Equivalent To British Gypsums Multi Finish Or Even Finish Plaster But To No Avail.
In Fact The Guys In The Plaster Suppliers Just Dont Seem To Get What I Want To Do, Eveything Seems To Be Taped And Filled Joints On Dry Lining.
Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction As To A Plaster Product That Is Suitable For Reskimming.
Cheers
Old Feb 26th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough
Default Re: plastering info

Originally Posted by flix
This Is A Question Directed To Plasterers Or Tradies Amongst You,
Just Bought An Old Weather Board House, And I Am Starting To Renovate. Having Done A Fair Bit Of Plastering In The U.k (skimming) I Am Looking At Reskimming The Walls In My New House, They Are Made From Lathe And Plaster.
I Am Trying To Find An Equivalent To British Gypsums Multi Finish Or Even Finish Plaster But To No Avail.
In Fact The Guys In The Plaster Suppliers Just Dont Seem To Get What I Want To Do, Eveything Seems To Be Taped And Filled Joints On Dry Lining.
Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction As To A Plaster Product That Is Suitable For Reskimming.
Cheers

When you say weather board i assume you actually mean ASBESTOS. Just be carefull when playing with this stuff.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

flix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
When you say weather board i assume you actually mean ASBESTOS. Just be carefull when playing with this stuff.
NO I MEAN TIMBER WEATHERBOARD, ALTHOUGH THIS TOPIC IS CONCERNING THE INTEROIR OF THE HOUSE IF THAT WASN'T CLEAR.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:03 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen anything resembling multi finish or board finish here. We're tiling a very old Qlander at the moment and the guy is a plasterer by trade. All the internal walls were vj boarded. He tried to restore the woodwork but ended up boarding the whole lot with gyprock. I'll pick his brains re the lathe and plaster stud walls later today for you.
Must get on with some quotes
Old Feb 27th 2005, 11:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
the guy is a plasterer by trade. :
hiya!
does he need another plasterer or have many contacts who may need someone?
my other half is a plasterer and is worried about finding work.....he's been 10 years in the job, does practically everything! currently works for our local council - they love him cos hes so good - hoping to be out there this time next year. (will shoot myself if we arent)

cheeky i know, but if you dont ask you dont find out!

sue
Old Feb 27th 2005, 11:22 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya!
does he need another plasterer or have many contacts who may need someone?
my other half is a plasterer and is worried about finding work.....he's been 10 years in the job, does practically everything! currently works for our local council - they love him cos hes so good - hoping to be out there this time next year. (will shoot myself if we arent)

cheeky i know, but if you dont ask you dont find out!

sue
He's a plasterer by trade but is winding down his business as he's landed a cushy driving job with the local council. Only a bit less cash but less hours and no stress, quoting, billing, BAS, bills, Shoot I need a job with the council as well