Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

planning far far ahead.

planning far far ahead.

Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:44 pm
young but determined

gertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nice
Default planning far far ahead.

hello.

i am young. 16 and still in GCSE phase. but i have wanted to live in autralia for as long as i remember and have support of parents etc.

jsut wanted to know how it works. if i wanted to move alone would i need certain things. eg. would i have to go after i finish my a-level, or after university, or after so long working?

i want to teach primary schools if that effects anything. i know people from oz who are willing to sponsor me and help me once i am there too.

would love it if anyone could help.

thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:48 pm
skye

Default Re: planning far far ahead.

wow - so young to be thinking about it - good on you! - we are in our late 30's so its good to see the next generation thinking about it... what is your motive behind leaving? wish you all the luck - and excellent that your parents are behind you!!

Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:55 pm
young but determined

gertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nice

Originally Posted by skye
wow - so young to be thinking about it - good on you! - we are in our late 30's so its good to see the next generation thinking about it... what is your motive behind leaving? wish you all the luck - and excellent that your parents are behind you!!
i know people over there and have been closely involved with my friends immigration and that of their family and just generally want to go for the reasons everyone does.

weather . change in life style. seems a good place to live. would say a good place to bring the kids up but i don't quite plan that far ahead :P

and the reason i want to go young is if it all goes to pot and i hate it i have plenty of time to sort myself out.

what are your reasons? and how far along the process are you? hope it's all going well.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:00 pm
skye

good outlook on life at your age! - we have applied for sponser jobs (both of us) and looking good at this stage (NHS) looking to go out in the next 6 months we have no children just two mad dogs which are our babies!

Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:04 pm
young but determined

Originally Posted by skye
good outlook on life at your age! - we have applied for sponser jobs (both of us) and looking good at this stage (NHS) looking to go out in the next 6 months we have no children just two mad dogs which are our babies!
well good luck with that! hope all goes well when it comes to meds too.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:29 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gertrudeyo
hello.

i am young. 16 and still in GCSE phase. but i have wanted to live in autralia for as long as i remember and have support of parents etc.

jsut wanted to know how it works. if i wanted to move alone would i need certain things. eg. would i have to go after i finish my a-level, or after university, or after so long working?

i want to teach primary schools if that effects anything. i know people from oz who are willing to sponsor me and help me once i am there too.

would love it if anyone could help.

thanks.
If you are planning to go to uni you could go over there on a student visa and study in Oz I believe Although not sure if you have to do specific courses. If you go to this website it has all the information about student visas there. Or any other visa too

Good luck
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:00 pm
young but determined

thanks. it was a very helpful site but i can't seem to find anything about when to apply to stay on after finishing my course.

help?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:02 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

I cant really comment on what to do. Im 27 so went through the skilled route as I had 10 years doing my job. But I take my hat off to you for doing it at your age. Not that its much younger than me, but good for you

What about speaking to an agent for advice?

Marc.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:03 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. it was a very helpful site but i can't seem to find anything about when to apply to stay on after finishing my course.

help?
Try here

Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:05 pm
young but determined

Originally Posted by Clippies
Try here

wow you seem to have an answer for everything? have you been through a lot fo this?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:11 pm

wow you seem to have an answer for everything? have you been through a lot fo this?
Funny my husband says the same

I spend far too much time on the internet and had been trawling that website this morning so remembered seeing the student visa thing
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:12 pm
young but determined

Originally Posted by Clippies
Funny my husband says the same

I spend far too much time on the internet and had been trawling that website this morning so remembered seeing the student visa thing
well am glad you did!

btw to mark. an agent? :S
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to go to Australia young, have you thought about how you could pay for everything or do you think your parents might help you out?
Even if you didn't take much stuff with you, just the visa application and a one way ticket would still cost hundreds of pounds. If you did uni there then that would cost a lot as well. (Although the way things are going maybe not much more than the UK )
I had friends who took a pre-uni-gap-year after their A-levels in order to save up money for travelling & for uni - that might be something to consider.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:18 pm
young but determined

Originally Posted by esperanza
If you want to go to Australia young, have you thought about how you could pay for everything or do you think your parents might help you out?
Even if you didn't take much stuff with you, just the visa application and a one way ticket would still cost hundreds of pounds. If you did uni there then that would cost a lot as well. (Although the way things are going maybe not much more than the UK )
I had friends who took a pre-uni-gap-year after their A-levels in order to save up money for travelling & for uni - that might be something to consider.
thanks for that! i have actually jsut been considering those things myself. the gap year is a good idea. would also work as i wud need my results before applying to oz and then have the uni wait... thanks for that idea.

am hoping to have tickets paid for eaily as i already have started saving for a visit over.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:34 pm
young but determined

also is there help available to pay the uni costs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.