Reload this Page >

places to visit between Brisbane and Townsville

places to visit between Brisbane and Townsville

Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road
Default places to visit between Brisbane and Townsville

Hi

we have friends visiting early next year, they intend flying into Brisbane then driving to Townsville over a number of days, they have asked what to do and see enroute. Can anyone help with suggestions of places of interest, couple only no kids. i haven't been here long enough to know

after spending some time with us they intend heading north, Cairns etc so any suggestions there would be appreciated too.

thanks
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:40 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: places to visit between Brisbane and Townsville

Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Airlie Beach.

3 to start you off...
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Airlie Beach.

3 to start you off...
Agnes Water, Town of 1770 - very quiet and peaceful
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

cheers people, keep them coming please
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Australia Zoo- cos it's there. Noosa - beautiful walks around national park ,plus koala spotting! Eumundi, just next to Bruce Highway - funky shops and cafes/restaurants and markets Wed & Sat. May be slight bias there!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

g day

airlie a must take the trip to whitehaven beach its amazing ,mission beach a cool spot to stay as well we stayed in a b+b run by a couple of brits great place cassowary birds in the grounds in the morning unbelivable.also palm cove near cairns a must good luck
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:01 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I second Palm Cove, assuming it hasn't changed much in the 6 years since we were there on our wedding/honeymoon Awfully Big Adventure. It's like stepping back in time, but has an amazing number of fantastic restaurants.

We stayed here: http://www.reefretreat.com.au/index.htm and it was great to sit in the jacuzzi, sipping champagne, with a view of the beach out front, and the rainforest out back.

I also recommend this wonderful safari experience: http://www.anhs.com.au/

David and his wife are totally passionate about the environment and its flora and fauna, and it's a very special day out. Eco-friendly whilst also comfortable for townies like us - lunch here was very special http://www.anhs.com.au/windmillcreek.htm freshly grilled fish with all the trimmings including a table-cloth and we even had a Cassowary run across our path, which I understand is rare!

I guess Port Douglas just has to be done, and also a trip out to the reefs.

Bungy jumping with AJ Hackett near Cairns. If you're going to do it, might as well do it at "the worlds first purpose built tower" (no, I'm not that stupid but my husband was). http://www.ajhackett.com.au

A trip to Kuranda http://www.kuranda.org/ go up by train and come back by cable car, with a stop on the way down for a treetop walk.

Not at all keen on Cairns, but I'd move to TNQ tomorrow - just wish there was an IT industry up there.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

lara48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stu66
g day

airlie a must take the trip to whitehaven beach its amazing ,mission beach a cool spot to stay as well we stayed in a b+b run by a couple of brits great place cassowary birds in the grounds in the morning unbelivable.also palm cove near cairns a must good luck
Sounds great . Can you tell me the name of the B&B when I looked for accomodation up that way I only found Hotels with no brekkie included.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

hi
we had a great time at mission beach this is the link to the b+b site
http://www.licualalodge.com.au/

enjoy stu
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the replies, i shall pass on the info
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

When I saw the thread title I thought for a minute you were moving before we got there! I'd actually misread it lol
Glad to see your not though
We'll be with in you in 5 weeks, can't wait
Hope you are all well and have a great Christmas x
We'll have to have a late New Years party or what about a big meet for Australia day?
sal

Last edited by sals; Dec 10th 2007 at 8:50 am. Reason: add on
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sounds good Sal

hows things coming along, are you organised yet?
when do you actually arrive in Townsville? i noticed elsewhere you get accomodation when you come over, that at least will save you running around trying to get a roof over your head.

anything i can do for your arrival just send me a pm.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

You could come into Yeppoon I can highly recommend these apartments arnie2oz and nikkers can tell you what they are like. http://www.beachfront55.com.au/index.htm
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Roo1 is on a distinguished road

If you are going to Airlie Beach, take the ReefJet full day tour to the Whit Sundays, its fantastic value. You can scuba or snorkel off the boat and tea, cake and lunch is included.
Fraser Island - don't bother hiring your own 4 wheel drive. Take a tour bus. We went on the tour with the red/orange mini bus, it was fantastic. The drivers really look after you and you also get lunch included and snack stops. They know all the best locations to go with the best stories to tell!
So many inexperienced tourist where getting stuck in the sand. I'm glad I didn't chance it.

Have fun!!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by struth
sounds good Sal

hows things coming along, are you organised yet?
when do you actually arrive in Townsville? i noticed elsewhere you get accomodation when you come over, that at least will save you running around trying to get a roof over your head.

anything i can do for your arrival just send me a pm.
h
Hi Struth
have pm'd you
cheers
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.