Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Places to swim with dolphins?

Places to swim with dolphins?

Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

cheers for the website - will get clicking!!!

bottoms up

pockygoes
Old Dec 6th 2003, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Places to swim with dolphins?

Originally posted by pockygoes
Can anyone recommend anywhere to swim with the dolphins. It is my **th birthday when we are in Perth from 31/12/03 - 14/1/04 - we are staying in Mandurah from 31/12/03 and then to Margaret River from 6/1/04 - 12/1/04. Any recommendations anyone?

Also we are hoping to go to Rottnest for the day - anyone been? Is it as beautiful as it looks.

we are also trying to hire a car for the duration - any recommendations for them - we want airport pick up & drop off - a good sized car - to sit 3 adults & 2 kids plus 3 suitcases & hand luggage.

Cheers

pockygoes
there is a boat that takes out swimmers from Mandurah you can catch from the foreshore I think, pop into the tourist office right on the foreshore they will give you the times
Old Dec 6th 2003, 3:20 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pockygoes
Can anyone recommend anywhere to swim with the dolphins?
I hear there is 8 ounces of this stuff that...

"POLICE!!!...DROP THE MOUSE!!!"

Hey you guys can't^%$*(&)(*-09...OK...OK...I'lllllll do...I'm not resisting...arghrghhh...thereeeeeeeee behind my back...

What stuff???...dolphins???...no way man...you must be on dru$*&%*&(^(&*)gs...OK OK let...you're not...not me...stuff???

Sorry got tp go out with a few fiends noowwww....OK...OK...

Hey can ya loosen the cuffs...na the right one...
Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:08 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by downunderpom
...so 'Home of the Monkey'.
Filth...had nothing on me...so they let me go...

Now...Home of the Monkey???

Tell me more...
Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:21 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Florida_03
Filth...had nothing on me...so they let me go...

Now...Home of the Monkey???

Tell me more...
The staff there have several versions of what 'Home of the Monkey' could have come from, including a trading ship that brought a monkey, who escaped and lived in a cave... yadda yadda.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the humans - was FAR more interested in the 2 and a half metres of dolphin who was cuddling my legs!!

Her name was Jill. Well, her HUMAN given name was Jill!!!! She's one of the regulars at Monkey Mia, has a notch in her dorsal....

Worth a visit, even if it is a days drive north of Perth. You can also see the shell quarry, and the stromatelites in the same area, after you leave the main highway.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

For those in Adelaide or going there, I saw a travel programme whilst still in NZ which showed a lady here in Glenelg who takes a boat out every morning for people to swim with the dolphins. Evidently they all know her. You can also just stay on the boat and watch if you are not brave enough to get in the water.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Places to swim with dolphins?

Monkey Mia is quite a long way from Perth.
Also the bloke that `runs` Rockinham tends to be away over the christmas period.
We tried to get booked in last year and constantly left messages on the anwer machibe but no one called back
Hope you have better luck

Sandra