places to go

Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default places to go

does anybody else who is awaiting visa processing have a list in their head of places that they must visit in uk before they go. I have ideas of all sorts of things to do, like go on the london eye or do touristy things. These are things that I think I must do becasue if I am going out permenantly I will never be able to do them again.

hopefully adeladie 2004

decorating furiously now!!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:51 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, we're off in november so we're running out of time fast.

We did the touristy thing in london when we picked up the visas
london eye
Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:54 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

whoops! as i was saying
went to see lion king it was spectacular, my 5 year old was gripped through the entire show
Did tower of london etc

We're also trying to visit places we've always wanted to but never got round to
Did Spain and realised why we'd never been before!
Off to Dublin on Sunday and Scotland at the end of August.

be interested to see what others are doing
Old Jul 25th 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

As I have lived in Greater London all my life I have seen all of the sites down here.
You are going to laugh at this but, that's why we are going to Blackpool for a weekend. I want to let my kids go on all of the big rollercoaters and also remind myself why I am leaving!! I can't wait to see all the tacky sights and sounds of the good old fashioned English seaside resort.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

We got a Tussauds Group season ticket and hit all the theme parks :scared: to get them out of our system! (We're in NZ now, and Rainbow's End just doesn't compare...)

It's pretty good value actually - especially as we paid for it using our Tesco's Clubcards vouchers!

Nicola.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Have a massive list too, done about a quarter so far, just been to Guernsey....will do the London eye when we collect visa's, been alot recently shopping and nights out.

Taking Oliver (who is 2 1/2) to lots of places I spent as a child, we went to Isle of Wight last week on ferry and week before on hovercraft - holds lots of fab memories for me so wanted to show him and before anyone thinks he won't remember, he still details our trip to Oz in Jan!

Spending loads of quality time with family and friends too, off to Ibiza in Oct with his grandparents and Graham is planning a leaving weekend for all his friends in Amsterdam (!), mine is yet to be decided (!!!)

Fortunately we have done a great deal of Europe and UK already so shouldn't have to blow all our cash before we go........

This visa thing really makes you get off your backside

Teresa
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

We would like to visit Paris and Rome to show the kids the sites.

Uk wise well a few weeks in Scotland are a must and also one last trip to London in style.

Other than that we will ask them nearer the time where they would most like to visit!

footie chick