Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

places to eat in Brisbane ?

places to eat in Brisbane ?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default places to eat in Brisbane ?

I am staying at the Good earth Hotel, so need a good place for

Brekky

and Dinner I like every kind of food not fussy but would like an insider's view and recommendations for Lunch if poss

Cheers

Carrianne x
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:16 pm
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road
Default brakfast creek

hi carrianne,
one of the most famous place to eat out is Breakfast Creek, which is supposed to serve the best steaks in brisbane.
We as a family liked to eat out at Sizzler which is great food at a good price. You will see them all over queensland as they are a chain. You basically pay for your steak then everything else is free,on a buffet style banquet.
Enjoy.

Brendan.

p.s WISH I WERE THERE.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:32 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: places to eat in Brisbane ?

Originally posted by Carrianne

Brekky

and Dinner I like every kind of food not fussy but would like an insider's view and recommendations for Lunch if poss

Cheers

Carrianne x
You can walk to the city. Broadway arcade and Myer center have large eateries downstairs. Also Post Office Square. They all do breakfast for the office workers to grab as they roll into the city. Worth it just for the people watching opportunities.

For lunch and dinner there are hundreds of options within walking distance. Pubs throughout the CBD, sidewalk cafes along Albert Street, Riverside Centre at Eagle St with views of the river, Restaurants at Southbank...
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:40 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Florida_03
You can walk to the city. Broadway arcade and Myer center have large eateries downstairs. Also Post Office Square. They all do breakfast for the office workers to grab as they roll into the city. Worth it just for the people watching opportunities.

For lunch and dinner there are hundreds of options within walking distance. Pubs throughout the CBD, sidewalk cafes along Albert Street, Riverside Centre at Eagle St with views of the river, Restaurants at Southbank...
There is a cafe and a restaurant at the top of Mt Cootha and the views are fantastic. Also the lebanese restaurant at Southbank is great. The cafe in the botanical gardens does lovely breakfasts.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:58 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Brekky

Cheers

Carrianne x

If you like Seafood try Decks along the Southbank, fantastic selection, mouth waters just thinking about it!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Southbank is this near our hotel ??
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:04 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Can't be far if you are in Brisbane, there is a great man made beach, lovely restaurants and markets on Fridays I think, ask at your Hotel they will know where it is.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:06 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Walk to the mall then over the Victoria bridge to Southbank, also footbridge from QUT.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Florida and all, As I have a map of Brisbane but you can never be sure of just how far things are ?

Any more tips for me to eat well ?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:44 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Florida and all, As I have a map of Brisbane but you can never be sure of just how far things are ?

Pub Meals:
Gilhooleys in Albert St (Irish Pub) - But a bit expensive
P J O'Briens (Elizabeth St) is excellent for quality and value - Another Irish pub

Restaurant:
"Fix" down the end of Margaret St (VERY expensive - but good)
Stamford Plaza Hotel's Beer Garden do an excellent bbq lunch
The Tuscan in Mary St is also good value and great food!

Hope this helps...
Gav
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:56 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

For chinese there was a place (not expensive) where you sit at your table and they come around with trollies with various dishes - you choose what you fancy.

Good fun and good food - so good I can't remember the name - anyone else have a clue- (in the city center area)

well it wil be good if you can find it
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:04 pm
True Blue Aussie

Originally posted by walaj
For chinese there was a place (not expensive) where you sit at your table and they come around with trollies with various dishes - you choose what you fancy.

Good fun and good food - so good I can't remember the name - anyone else have a clue- (in the city center area)

Called "Yum Cha"

There's one at the top of the Myer Centre that do it for lunch - Called "King of Kings"
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:07 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

one of the best - cha cha cha on the riverside. great steaks and excellent atmosphere. pricey but worth it.
also for good steaks the pineapple hotel at kangaroo point.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:58 pm
True Blue Aussie

Originally posted by dugongs
one of the best - cha cha cha on the riverside. great steaks and excellent atmosphere. pricey but worth it.
also for good steaks the pineapple hotel at kangaroo point.
too right... don't forget to book though!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by walaj

That will be a yum char restaurant. Go to any restaurant that advertises Yum Char
BG

In China town

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.