Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

A place in the sun - in Perth

More 4 now channel 165 on Sky

Dont know about cable and freeview

Lisa.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Default Re: A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa

Lisa.
Ntl ch 166 or 1 hour later on ch167.

Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:19 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa

Lisa.
Wow - some of those house were soooo gorgeous. You can see how people get seduced can't you???

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Wow - some of those house were soooo gorgeous. You can see how people get seduced can't you???

Cheers

Buzzy
Except the couple who were on have moved to Sydney and were never going to Perth
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:44 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

Originally Posted by fraser
Except the couple who were on have moved to Sydney and were never going to Perth

Hmmm missed that bit.

But Mrs B and I always say at the end "another couple didnt buy anything but got a free trip!!!"

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hmmm missed that bit.

But Mrs B and I always say at the end "another couple didnt buy anything but got a free trip!!!"

Cheers

Buzzy
You wouldn't have seen that bit, I know the guys dad, they wanted to do Sydney channel four wanted to do Perth, they were happy as they validated for free.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

It really did look lovely and some of the houses were great.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:34 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser
Some friends of mine have been on a place in the sun and they had no intention of going to where they filmed. They went to an emigration show and were approached by the TV company who wanted to film a couple who wanted to emigrate but they didn't seem to care that they were not going were they wanted to film. They just liked the look of them and offered them a free trip if they went along with it.

They even edited the film so some of the comments about property they were showing on the TV they hadn't even visited.

That's why often at the end they say they are going to think about it and make a decision later.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

I noticed the programme stated house prices as at Winter 2004 - Has there been a significant rise in prices since?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: A place in the sun - More 4 NOW!

When are they going to correct the title to "A Whinge in the Sun"?
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by November11
I noticed the programme stated house prices as at Winter 2004 - Has there been a significant rise in prices since?
Based on my constant scouring of REIWA, Domain and RealEstate .com.au, I'd say so yes. The prices for the Freemantle houses seem to be quite low compared to current, Armadale seemed a quite low (I loved the one on top of the hill with the views!), but you can still see houses in Rockingham for prices similar to those shown. IIRC their budget was around £200k / $440k.

I have to add, that just recently I've seen posts by people stating Armadale was very rough and Rockingham had gone down hill. Whilst I'm aware that on TV they're going to gloss it up a bit, both of those areas looked and sounded great to me.

Please don't flame me for the last paragraph if I'm wrong. It was just based on a 60 minutes TV show.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
When are they going to correct the title to "A Whinge in the Sun"?
Why is that?
Old Jan 14th 2006, 9:24 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Why is that?
I think Mr Stampede is referring to the old cliche of 'those whingin poms' - which many seem to do when relocating abroad. Remember the Skeggs - Perth 2003?

Thing is - I think if there is anything in it, it could be the simple fact that we have more to whinge about. Shit weather, over populated, an embarrassing record on the international sports front (that rugby world cup was the first for 37 years), crap leisure facilities and English fast becoming the second language!!

I could go on.

Mrs Lapthorn said she's never known me so happy as when we lived in Oz. Funny thing is, didn't think I felt any different at the time - just must have whinged less!!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:12 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy chappy
Some friends of mine have been on a place in the sun and they had no intention of going to where they filmed. They went to an emigration show and were approached by the TV company who wanted to film a couple who wanted to emigrate but they didn't seem to care that they were not going were they wanted to film. They just liked the look of them and offered them a free trip if they went along with it.

They even edited the film so some of the comments about property they were showing on the TV they hadn't even visited.

That's why often at the end they say they are going to think about it and make a decision later.
got any contacts could do with a free validation trip
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:03 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

It's on again today, 12.45 channel 165 sky, Plus another at 2.45 same channel WA. There is a +1 choice to these channels 286 so add an hour to each giving you four chances (gonna miss Skyplus)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.