Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Place In The Sun

A Place In The Sun

Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Place In The Sun

My friend rang me at around 07.30pm to tell me to watch Channel 4 A Place in the Sun.
Had to tape it as my son was doing his Play at school tonight.
So glad I did as it really set my mind at ease.
Since posting on this forum I have read all kinds of comments about Perth some good ,some bad.
Although we have not been yet ,tonights programme had me really quite excited.
Really interesting to see what type of property you could buy out there and I must admitt took a liking to the one with its own vineyard (oh the possibilities!!!!)
Really cannot wait for the visas to come through ,although know its going to take a while .
Fingers Crossed.
Bring It On !!!!!!
Okay so yes I am Mad but anyone else out there feeling the same after watching this programme?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:05 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

We have been and are going back for good in nine weeks, the prog was a bit disappointing to be honest, as the properties they showed were of a poor standard, you can find way better than what was shown for the same money. So if you thought they were good.........just wait till you get there.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Really ! Cannot wait. Wish we were going out in nine weeks time.
All the very best to you.
Hope your move goes well where are you heading to in Perth?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:14 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Really ! Cannot wait. Wish we were going out in nine weeks time.
All the very best to you.
Hope your move goes well where are you heading to in Perth?
Ocean Reef or Mullaloo (next door towns to each other) about 20 minutes North of Perth Centre, both right on the coast........cant wait.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

A guy I used to go to school with many years ago went to Ocean Reef and from what I gather he has a fabulous house ,own business etc his wife and kids love it and would not go back to the UK for anything.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:14 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sandradee
We have been and are going back for good in nine weeks, the prog was a bit disappointing to be honest, as the properties they showed were of a poor standard, you can find way better than what was shown for the same money. So if you thought they were good.........just wait till you get there.
........agree! really dissapointing programme. The houses were hideous and they didn't give much idea on general prices or areas and not really many shots of Perth - apart from the picture of the lovely beach they could have filmed it anywhere..why bother? ..and boy did that girl have an annoying whine or what?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:19 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by maxpaxx
........agree! really dissapointing programme. The houses were hideous and they didn't give much idea on general prices or areas and not really many shots of Perth - apart from the picture of the lovely beach they could have filmed it anywhere..why bother? ..and boy did that girl have an annoying whine or what?

hope she eventually got her dream kitchen......

love boomie
xx
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by maxpaxx
..and boy did that girl have an annoying whine or what?

we concluded that he was putting up her bcoz she must be paying all the bills while working in the city while he spent his working life on the net at night ( hmm working!)
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road

I could not believe that woman talking about those peoples houses like that, she was talking to the owners not the estate agent, she went into a huge playroom, and said "we could hold some bad taste parties in here" I would of kicked her out my house straight away,what a cow!!!!

Perth looked fab, we are also going to North Perth 13th May.

Angie x
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought the woman was a snotty cow, who was also quite rude, and as for the houses, they were awful, and as far as I could make out none of them were actually `in` perth, although they didnt say where the first house was. That would have been a great help!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:22 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

The danish woman in the programme was really annoying

Was there a kitchen that she did actually like ?. And they both kept commenting on the colours of rooms in the houses that they visited. Personally when I view a house I always look completely through this kind of stuff as style of decorations be changed so easily. Surely the most important factors are location, room sizes, work required, etc. ?

They looked at one really gorgeous place that was set back from the road, almost in the bush. It was surrounded by mature trees and would have suited me down to the ground. I couldn't believe it when they said that they would want to chop down the trees to clear the land.

Shame as she spoiled what could have been a good programme.

Let's hope that next Wednesdays "Postcard from Australia - Brisbane" on the Travel Channel is better
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Quite agree, thought she was taking the pi.s when she looked at the house surrounded by trees and decided that they would have to come down.

How dare she even think of it!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Theres a Programme on Channel 7 in Aus next week for any Aussies that fancy emigrating to UK. Its called
" A Place in the Rain"
Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Well your all going to shoot me, because I thought It was a good programme it was only on for half an hour not a lot you can in this time anyway.
looking at these replies seems like a right bitching session going on here.
No wonder the Australians call us whinging Poms why is everyone so negative on here ?
Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Your comments are a bit unfair..........have you been to Perth?

this programme didnt reflect the houses at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.