Place in the Sun

Wikiposts

Place in the Sun

Old Dec 24th 2003, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Place in the Sun

Hi everyone,
there is a programme on Chanel 4 at 8.pm, called A place in the Sun, focusing on house buying in Queensland!
Think its a repeat, but it beats watching all the old films that they roll out every year!
have a great christmas all of you
best wishes
rach & family
Old Dec 24th 2003, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Place in the Sun

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi everyone,
there is a programme on Chanel 4 at 8.pm, called A place in the Sun, focusing on house buying in Queensland!
Think its a repeat, but it beats watching all the old films that they roll out every year!
have a great christmas all of you
best wishes
rach & family

Thanks Nosuchluck,

I would have missed that.

Merry Xmas.

Colin
Old Dec 24th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by colinmorgan
Thanks Nosuchluck,

I would have missed that.

Merry Xmas.

Colin

You are more than welcome, beats watching Eastenders sing-a-long!!!!
happy christmas to you and yours too
best wishes
rach & family
Old Dec 24th 2003, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by nosuchluck
You are more than welcome, beats watching Eastenders sing-a-long!!!!
happy christmas to you and yours too
best wishes
rach & family

Just watched it...amazing houses...can't wait till we get to Australia next year (hopefully)
Happy Christmas!
Old Dec 24th 2003, 9:08 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Houses were beautiful but did you notice the note after the credits saying figures were based on Autumn 2002 ex. rates so I guess the prices are pretty outdated too.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 9:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
Houses were beautiful but did you notice the note after the credits saying figures were based on Autumn 2002 ex. rates so I guess the prices are pretty outdated too.
Were the house prices based on August 2002 also ?
an example of changes is: Dec 2002 $395k now $495k,

Wish i could have seen the program, but I suppose I do get to see the real thing Its still good to look around the local exhibition show houses.

Merry Christmas

Old Dec 24th 2003, 10:42 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ABC,

It looked like the house prices were given from Autumn 2002. It was a bit confusing as they gave all the prices in pounds and I've been trying hard not to convert but to think in dollars!
The houses were northern Qld, Port Douglas and Cairns were shown. Beautiful large houses with pool and land for between £119,000 and £149,000 (didnt give price in dollars at all)

Michaela
Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello ABC,

It looked like the house prices were given from Autumn 2002. It was a bit confusing as they gave all the prices in pounds and I've been trying hard not to convert but to think in dollars!
The houses were northern Qld, Port Douglas and Cairns were shown. Beautiful large houses with pool and land for between £119,000 and £149,000 (didnt give price in dollars at all)

Michaela
Hi, even without the price changes, just taking the exchange rate into account, the properties would now be between £146k and £182k, so thats quite a jump on its own.

However, for a current comparison:
20km from Cairns: GOLDSBOROUGH - ACREAGE
$330,000 = £138,000
GORDONVALE
This split faced block home has alot to offer. Set on a tranquil 3.5 acres and only 30 minutes to Cairns.
Some of the great features of this graceful beauty are a Tasmanian Oak kitchen, 4 bedrooms, ensuite, fully air conditioned, fully security screened, 2 phone lines, 11 metre pool leading off paved patio area.
That's not all that this property has, there is remote controlled gates, 9x6 metre workshop, bore and 25 established lychee trees

Old Dec 24th 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

I was channel surfing last night and came across 'A place in the sun'.

At last, after watching 'New life down under', 'A place in the sun', etc, etc; for God knows how many weeks. Finally, a program on the area we are most interested in settling, Cairns.

I luckily recorded it, so instead of the 'The Great Escape' today. I'll be watching a rerun of our very own great escape - 'A place in the sun'.

Happy Christmas to you all!!!

Lee
Old Dec 25th 2003, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I didn't read you rnote, but chanced upon it by luck. The last pole house was absolutely beautiful, bring it on!...