Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

That's Christmas over - did everyone survive?

That's Christmas over - did everyone survive?

Old Dec 25th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default That's Christmas over - did everyone survive?

Had a quiet day. Spent the morning wrapping the last gifts. Went to lunch at 1pm, starting with aperitifs, and didn't leave the table until 9pm. Somewhere mid-meal there was a bout of present giving in a flurry of wrapping paper. This was followed by the pouring of a new wine, and the next course commenced shortly after. A great deal of talk in three languages all day. Not the usual Christmas experience for us, but very satisfying all the same. And you, did you enjoy your day?
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That's Christmas over - did everyone survive?

Originally posted by Dawn Adams
Had a quiet day. Spent the morning wrapping the last gifts. Went to lunch at 1pm, starting with aperitifs, and didn't leave the table until 9pm. Somewhere mid-meal there was a bout of present giving in a flurry of wrapping paper. This was followed by the pouring of a new wine, and the next course commenced shortly after. A great deal of talk in three languages all day. Not the usual Christmas experience for us, but very satisfying all the same. And you, did you enjoy your day?

fab day thanks!!
lots of messy kids wrecking the house, our house now looks like a branch of toys'r'us!!!
we have got through so much alcohol I fear for the health of my liver!!!
just finished tidying up and are now collapsed in a heap in front of the telly!!!

merry christmas!!!

sue
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Oh, this has got to rank as one of the worse christmas's I have ever had! BUT it is a means to an end and I will get to Oz shortly in the new year when the b'stards sign the contracts.Mind you it was exceptionally cheap , seeing as the wife and daughter are over in Melbourne.
Surely the telly in Oz cannot have been as piss poor as it has been here?
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rossi
Oh, this has got to rank as one of the worse christmas's I have ever had! BUT it is a means to an end and I will get to Oz shortly in the new year when the b'stards sign the contracts.Mind you it was exceptionally cheap , seeing as the wife and daughter are over in Melbourne.
Surely the telly in Oz cannot have been as piss poor as it has been here?
That is a brave bet.
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I dunno about that,
I asked the wife if she wanted me to tape any of the programs over the 2 week xmas telly period and we only got 3 shows worth taping :-

1. The Tigger movie

2. My Family

3. Fools and Hoses
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:37 pm

What was "The Office" Xmas special like?
Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:47 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
What was "The Office" Xmas special like?

it's on boxing day at 22:15

should be good though.

Old Dec 26th 2003, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yep got through it , and had a great day . Met jo and matt and friends off here at the beach at 11 and had a great time. Came home in the afternoon and just chilled out . Television was awful nothing on , so watched Dvds. All the family phoned from the UK so didnt even have to make any phonecalls , sweet !!!
Im at work today boohoo never mind.
Happy new year to you all and have a safe one
Joanne and family
Old Dec 26th 2003, 1:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

BondiPom, If you get UKTV The Office Christmas Special is on New Years DAy apparently...... I'll be there!
Currently videoing vast amounts of Men Behaving Badly (also UKTV) after 10 hours of Hyacinth yesterday - I need something to make me laugh after MIL goes home!
Old Dec 26th 2003, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I think UKTV is really good....better than IN U.K.

you get lots of comedy stuff in batches of same programme so you can tape it to keep.. i had a good laugh with Alf Garnett the other night
Old Dec 26th 2003, 6:42 am
Just Joined

MaryB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: That's Christmas over - did everyone survive?

Originally posted by Dawn Adams

Well as this was our first Christmas here is sunny Brisbane, i wasn't too sure about things but it all went to plan and we had a fantastic time including our 4 year old son.

Boxing day is somewhat strange as my husband had to go to work so that was a little upsetting but we got through it.

Have a wonderful new year.
Old Dec 26th 2003, 9:20 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
BondiPom, If you get UKTV The Office Christmas Special is on New Years DAy apparently...... I'll be there!
Currently videoing vast amounts of Men Behaving Badly (also UKTV) after 10 hours of Hyacinth yesterday - I need something to make me laugh after MIL goes home!
Part of living here is getting my arse outdoors and that means no foxtel and premiership all hours. Plus I need the cash. Then expats screwed all that.