Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Place in the Sun

Place in the Sun

Old May 7th 2003, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Andrew P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Place in the Sun

Next weeks 'Place in the Sun' is about a couple relocating to New Zealand. Surely the 'relocators (ha, ha) can't do as half-baked a job as they did for the Brisbane couple....or can they.
Old May 7th 2003, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Who knows they weren`t much cop last night in Spain.

footie chick
Old May 7th 2003, 11:44 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by footie chick
Who knows they weren`t much cop last night in Spain.

footie chick
I wonder if the relocators have deliberately chosen families with no cash assets....?
Old May 7th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Or lack of knowledge. Fancy going to Spain to do two jobs neither of you are qualified for and not being able to speak the language.

I just hope the NZ family fare better!

footie chick
Old May 7th 2003, 11:51 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by footie chick
Or lack of knowledge. Fancy going to Spain to do two jobs neither of you are qualified for and not being able to speak the language.

I just hope the NZ family fare better!

footie chick
The guy on last night's programme did not seem to have a clue. He wanted to be a pool maintenance guy, but was too scared to go into his own pool equipment room!!

Still, they seemed to make it so if they can then maybe I can too (emigrating, not changing career to become a pool maintenance person!)
Old May 7th 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

No i don`t want to do people nails or clean pools well apart from my own. The thing is you need to research. My dad lives in Spain and he went out several times,picked up the language and loves it.

`Research, Research,Research` boring at times but at least you will find out everything before the big move.

Those relocators should be shot. Most of the forum could do a better job.

footie chick
Old May 7th 2003, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Next weeks 'Place in the Sun' is about a couple relocating to New Zealand. Surely the 'relocators (ha, ha) can't do as half-baked a job as they did for the Brisbane couple....or can they.
The programme is "Get A New Life" not "Place In The Sun" thats the one with the sexy Amanda Lamb.

Anyway relocators, considering they are supposed to be proffessionals and have moved loads of people to Spain how come they knew nothing about Spain.

My new job is now Proffesional Relocator, if you want to move anywhere in the world contact me I will charge you a shed full of money, and cause you as much stress as possible.

Not forgetting the hamper, and if you are really lucky a juicer. !!