Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pivot hairdressing 1yr course - worth it??

pivot hairdressing 1yr course - worth it??

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:17 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default pivot hairdressing 1yr course - worth it??

hi guys just wondering if anyone has attempted/completed the above course, it covers most aspects of hairdressing and qualifies you up to certificate 3 at the end (not sure what that is in english money lol!!)
anyway the course costs are $11,900 approx - which is quite pricey but if it does the trick then its worth it, as you may or may not be aware i am after a totally different profession when we move to oz in March and always fancied my hand as a hairdresser.
any advice you could give about this course, content, value for money etc. would be really appreciated, before i take the plunge and make decisions i could regret!!
regards
vb2
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pivot hairdressing 1yr course - worth it??

My next step VB2. I have been looking at it for a while.

No Co yet, still bloody waiting, feel really on the floor today

hugs lace xx
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:44 am
vb2

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

i am sure you will hear something soon - all the waiting is horrendous, but once you get your visa you dont really remember what all the fuss was about, bit like giving birth in my opinion lol!
as for the hairdressing - at least you have some experience on that score, only experience i have is shaving my sons head and sticking on a home dye!!! lol!! anyway one thing is for sure, there is no way on earth i am going back in an office when we get to oz!!!
regards - hope you are well

vb2
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:47 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
hi guys just wondering if anyone has attempted/completed the above course, it covers most aspects of hairdressing and qualifies you up to certificate 3 at the end (not sure what that is in english money lol!!)
anyway the course costs are $11,900 approx - which is quite pricey but if it does the trick then its worth it, as you may or may not be aware i am after a totally different profession when we move to oz in March and always fancied my hand as a hairdresser.
any advice you could give about this course, content, value for money etc. would be really appreciated, before i take the plunge and make decisions i could regret!!
regards
vb2
Hi vb2.......where are you headed to?? Not sure what you mean about 'Pivot Hairdressing' But here at the TAFE in Mooloolaba they start the 12 month courses in Feb & July at a cost of $8743

Cert III Hairdressing

But bear in mind here they insist you do the 'Introduction to Hairdressing' first at a cost of an extra $316. This course has to be done BEFORE they'll accept you on the main 12 month one & it takes 16 weeks.

Intro to Hairdressing

Hairdressers...like most other trades here only pay well if you work for yourself though!!!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by artep; Feb 7th 2006 at 9:08 am.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:14 am
vb2

hiya, we are heading to brisbane have a few suburbs in mind, but wont know for sure until we check them out, thanks for the info re the course, the pivot course combines the whole "introduction and level 3" all in one, and also covers up do's trends, that sort of thing, where is moolalaba (spelling sorry!!)?? from brisbane, its not an area i have heard of yet - although i have been checking out that many suburbs my brain is mashed at the moment lol
cheers
vb2
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:20 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
hiya, we are heading to brisbane have a few suburbs in mind, but wont know for sure until we check them out, thanks for the info re the course, the pivot course combines the whole "introduction and level 3" all in one, and also covers up do's trends, that sort of thing, where is moolalaba (spelling sorry!!)?? from brisbane, its not an area i have heard of yet - although i have been checking out that many suburbs my brain is mashed at the moment lol
cheers
vb2
Mooloolaba is about 70 - 80 mins north of Brisbane on the Sunshine Coast.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey cheers for that artep, I didn't know that. The only thing is the 900 hours you have to take as well (employment training or something). It is something to consider though, thanks for the info.

VB not too fab at the moment hun. Feeling a little Hmmm.. to day the least lol

never mind soon b christmas lol
hugs Lace xxx
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:03 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hey cheers for that artep, I didn't know that. The only thing is the 900 hours you have to take as well (employment training or something). It is something to consider though, thanks for the info.

VB not too fab at the moment hun. Feeling a little Hmmm.. to day the least lol

never mind soon b christmas lol
hugs Lace xxx
You're most welcome!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:13 am
vb2

thanks for that, might a bit too far out for me, we need to be a bit closer or more south west
cheers anyway
vb2