Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pirate copys any advice?

Pirate copys any advice?

Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:46 am
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Unhappy Pirate copys any advice?

My kids have got about 20 copied X BOX games ,can i take them to oz? either in their luggage allowance (just the discs obviously) or in our container in thier X BOX style ! cases?? if there a good chance there gonna get chucked out , id rather sell them this end than bin them over there.

Last edited by sunseekers; Oct 17th 2005 at 9:34 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:01 am
Banned

slug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pirate copys any advice?

if u consider what u want to do logically then u might find the answer
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:27 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Just as well you are trying to emmigrate - i am sure Mr Plod would be interested in 20 cases of copyright theft - especially if you are trying to sell them on.

Personally i would delete the thread and throw your copies away !

Last edited by wargod; Oct 17th 2005 at 10:13 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread about this a few months back. The consensus of opinion was that the authorities couldn't give a rat's arse about it - they were more interested in checking your mountain bike for mud. The most popular technique to avoid any interest in them was to distribute the bent copies amongst legitimate stuff -stick 'em in with an audio CD for instance. Just make sure they're not labelled anything obvious like 'WAREZ - OCT05'.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:47 am
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

Ace , il sell my mountain bike instead then!!! ,,one of those good ideas a week after christmas purchaces!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:49 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

It aint illegal to copy your games.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
There was a thread about this a few months back. The consensus of opinion was that the authorities couldn't give a rat's arse about it - they were more interested in checking your mountain bike for mud. The most popular technique to avoid any interest in them was to distribute the bent copies amongst legitimate stuff -stick 'em in with an audio CD for instance. Just make sure they're not labelled anything obvious like 'WAREZ - OCT05'.

Is it worth it??? Who would want the worry of a bunch of pirate games in your gear for AQUIS to find? The easiest way to transport the games would be to decrypt them to a hard disk and burn them back to DVD when you arrive. (Not that I have any intention of doing any of that at all because I don't own anything that breaches copywrite or nuffin')

It is quite OK to make 1 back up copy of games that you already own, but not to pop down the boot sale and pick up a bunch of them.

Just as an after thought - the X box already had a 7Gb hard disk installed. This can be changed for a larger 80Gb HDD which would be capable of storing your 20 games very easily. (just means that you can play the games from the HDD drive rather than the DVD) Finding someone to do this for you might be a bit more difficult. (I've never done it nor would ever want to at all, ever)
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:07 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
It aint illegal to copy your games.

True but have you got the originals
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:20 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

AQIS wont give two hoots, unless the packaging is made of pine cones or untreated wood. Bring 'em in.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

your kids could wear a black eye patch when walking through customs
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:44 pm
sunseekers

Originally Posted by suzysu
like ur style the eye patches it is then LOL
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suzysu
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Is it worth it??? Who would want the worry of a bunch of pirate games in your gear for AQUIS to find? The easiest way to transport the games would be to decrypt them to a hard disk and burn them back to DVD when you arrive. (Not that I have any intention of doing any of that at all because I don't own anything that breaches copywrite or nuffin')

It is quite OK to make 1 back up copy of games that you already own, but not to pop down the boot sale and pick up a bunch of them.

Just as an after thought - the X box already had a 7Gb hard disk installed. This can be changed for a larger 80Gb HDD which would be capable of storing your 20 games very easily. (just means that you can play the games from the HDD drive rather than the DVD) Finding someone to do this for you might be a bit more difficult. (I've never done it nor would ever want to at all, ever)
Didn't say I was going to do it (I personally favour ISO images and capacious hard drives), but if I was that was the way I'd do it - it was certainly the preferred method by the folks who'd emigrated with hooky DVDs and software in the past.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:36 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by spalen
AQIS wont give two hoots, unless the packaging is made of pine cones or untreated wood. Bring 'em in.
Ah damn - guess I'm going to have leave my limited edition pine-cased copy of 'Lumberjack Chainsaw Frenzy 3: The Larch' at home!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
Ah damn - guess I'm going to have leave my limited edition pine-cased copy of 'Lumberjack Chainsaw Frenzy 3: The Larch' at home!

brilliant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.