Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pipefitters in perth any advise?

pipefitters in perth any advise?

Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default pipefitters in perth any advise?

Can anyone give some advise i am over in oz on a working holiday visa and most people are not in my line of work or i have not meet anyone yet.

I have been in oz for 6 months now and have came to perth to work as more of my work in the oil and gas industry as a pipefitter is in perth and i kind of need to be doing my job here now to earn some money and finish my travelling around oz.

I could do a backpackers job but the money is not that great and with the stuff i pay for back home while here is would be hard so need to work in my trade as i know it pays better.

I am starting work a week on monday and could have started sooner but i wanted a little more time of freedom before starting and its the thought of having not worked in past 6 months scare me.

The work i have been offered is near perth in some workshop i am more used to the outdoors like on the rigs or on site,and i am being told karratha is a place i should go.

Does anyone know anything about this place as the guy i saw regarding work said i would not like it up there and i better being in perth but a lady in my hostel says i am better going up there as the money is better.

Does anyone on here do the same kind of work or know anyone thats does and to give me advise and what the going rate is around perth or up there, because as i am strange around here maybe i am not going for the right work or rate when maybe i can get more.

I have not said i dont want the work it just i am new here and not sure who best to ask or coantact as there seems to be plenty of places and work for me here.

any advise would be great.