Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ping Pong Advise Needed

Ping Pong Advise Needed

Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Matildapommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ping Pong Advise Needed

I am new on here and would like any advice, I have to say we feel confused and I don not want to live life with regrets!

We have a a sub class 136 visa - granted May 07 and must be in Australia before May12.
Did the first big move in Jan'08 and by 18 Feb'08 was landing back in the UK and now you may think dumb, stupid people. But the story was that our youngest child 4 yrs got very sick and we nearly lost her and on top of that my hubby's job was not no longer available. He tried but with a really stressed out wife and worrying about trying to set up home with me being so stressed about our child and England calling us to come home(family). Well we went and since I have got back, I have had not had a month,week thinking about the regrets I have being back home. I have lots of broken dreams , lots of what if's and maybe's.

I know that moving the other side of the world is very hard and I know you can feel lost , we lost so much money by what we did and we have jobs, school, home and health. But I keep thinking when my children grow up , will I have regrets being back in England. Dont know if I want children growing up here , I know oz has problems.

Sorry -my question's is anyone done the ping pong thing?? and can we still go to Australia next summer? or will they not let us in? reasons can not go before want daughter to finish primary school and mortgage will be up so could sell.
Thanks For your Time
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ping Pong Advise Needed

They will let you in, so don't worry.

We ping ponged as well.

There is no right or wrongs to the questions you ask, you just have to do what you feel is right.

Is coming back the right thing, for us I don't know, somedays yes, somedays no.........

I wouldn't worry about finishing primary school, I think you just need to decide where you want to be......if it is here, then move

Peter
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

We are about to return to OZ nxt mth,, we lived ther for a year 2006-07,, i pulled everyone back because of homesickness,, I sooooo regretted it from the minute we were on the plane coming home,,, just do whats right for you & your family,, we have no money because its all tied up in this house & cant sell, so my sis is renting it off us,, so we have had to borrow , not ideal but no other way to get back, & our visas expire Jan 2011, my kids are now 15 & 20,, so while we all want to return i said lets just do it!!!!

Good luck
Bluekipper
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:57 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Matildapommie
I am new on here and would like any advice, I have to say we feel confused and I don not want to live life with regrets!

We have a a sub class 136 visa - granted May 07 and must be in Australia before May12.
Did the first big move in Jan'08 and by 18 Feb'08 was landing back in the UK and now you may think dumb, stupid people. But the story was that our youngest child 4 yrs got very sick and we nearly lost her and on top of that my hubby's job was not no longer available. He tried but with a really stressed out wife and worrying about trying to set up home with me being so stressed about our child and England calling us to come home(family). Well we went and since I have got back, I have had not had a month,week thinking about the regrets I have being back home. I have lots of broken dreams , lots of what if's and maybe's.

I know that moving the other side of the world is very hard and I know you can feel lost , we lost so much money by what we did and we have jobs, school, home and health. But I keep thinking when my children grow up , will I have regrets being back in England. Dont know if I want children growing up here , I know oz has problems.

Sorry -my question's is anyone done the ping pong thing?? and can we still go to Australia next summer? or will they not let us in? reasons can not go before want daughter to finish primary school and mortgage will be up so could sell.
Thanks For your Time
Only do it if your sure you won't get homesick for the UK and will stay in OZ otherwise it can end up sending you broke constantly moving from one side of the world to the other.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

teepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to all

good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Matildapommie

Thanks For your Time
As long as you arrive by May 2012, you are OK.

Many have done the ping pong.
The interesting question would be; how many have regretted that return to Australia ?

I think most people who do ping pong have a clearer view of everything.

Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Matildapommie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much, I have already had my mother on the war path for saying the A word and the your fools. Buts its down to us, my husband can not get a contract before going out like many of my friends have done, because his trade is not like that but he has sent a few emails to check out poss work.