British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Ping Pom Support (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ping-pom-support-800610/)

dave99 Jun 26th 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Ping Pom Support

Hi, I have ping pomed a few times. I went back to the uk for a year after 6 in aus, now I have been back a year in perth and I am about to head over to melbourne.

I agree with what many have said, live in the moment, but I have felt the last year that I couldnt settle in, I couldnt buy nice things because I always had it in the back of my mind that I might move again.

I am going to give melbourne a try for awhile but I am not convinced its going to be where I will stay. Everyone tells me how great it is and since I like a more city life and cooler weather I am hoping its going to be good for me.

I am growing weary of the traveling and am starting to wonder if I will ever feel at home anywhere ever again! (its almost enough to make me regret coming to aus in the first place)

BadgeIsBack Jun 27th 2013 4:38 am

Originally Posted by dave99 (Post 10774311)
Hi, I have ping pomed a few times. I went back to the uk for a year after 6 in aus, now I have been back a year in perth and I am about to head over to melbourne.

I agree with what many have said, live in the moment, but I have felt the last year that I couldnt settle in, I couldnt buy nice things because I always had it in the back of my mind that I might move again.

What kind of nice things? I like nice things.

LeeWillo Jun 27th 2013 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by big_matt (Post 10767840)
I love a bit of ping pong. We are moving back to oz at christmas after 3 years in the uk. To me its not a big deal. You dont have to choose a country and stay there forever - if you have the means you can move about as much as you want. Try to live for the moment rather than obsessing over where you want to end up permanently.

Excellent mentality!! My wife is always talking of getting settled. Settled for what? To die!! I agree with your statement completely!

Londonuck Jun 28th 2013 4:24 am

Originally Posted by cromergirl (Post 10764413)
It looks like we are going to be Ping Pomers in the next few weeks having made a big mistake of leaving Perth a few years ago.

We are going through so many emotions at the moment and are struggling to get to grips with it all.

I just wondered if anyone else who has been through the same scenario can offer some words of advice and possibly support.

Thanks.

C

We're on our 2nd time in Vancouver. Came back 18 months ago. Living each day as it comes and really enjoying it. Its turned our luck around no end. Still miss home but after hearing more in my line of work being laid off at home, today, glad im not there. If it feels right you'll do it. All the best!

quoll Jun 28th 2013 6:44 am

Originally Posted by LeeWillo (Post 10776368)
Excellent mentality!! My wife is always talking of getting settled. Settled for what? To die!! I agree with your statement completely!

Absolutely, "settled" is for the birds!