Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

piece of string, an 'all

piece of string, an 'all

Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Red face piece of string, an 'all

I know that this is prob one of those impossible to answer questions.BUT , on average how long does it take for a visa....from start to finish. And does it differ with which type of visa, and you you use an agency. Am looking at a skills visa, using an agency.
Cheers,
Donna
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: piece of string, an 'all

Hi Donna, piece of string is fairly apt. We applied for a skilled visa (after skills assessment) May 06, visa arrived Feb 07. No agent used. Patience is hugely needed and it can be fairly frustrating , but well worth the wait.
Good luck.

Donna
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi Donna, piece of string is fairly apt. We applied for a skilled visa (after skills assessment) May 06, visa arrived Feb 07. No agent used. Patience is hugely needed and it can be fairly frustrating , but well worth the wait.
Good luck.

Donna
Did you find it easy to do, what with having no agent. Am still not sure which way to do it, as my OH is skilled and comes under the modl, BUT has not got any qualifications, as none is needed in UK. Would you mind telling me about the skills assesment?
Donna.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winedonju
Did you find it easy to do, what with having no agent. Am still not sure which way to do it, as my OH is skilled and comes under the modl, BUT has not got any qualifications, as none is needed in UK. Would you mind telling me about the skills assesment?
Donna.

Why not just employ an agent to help you with the skills assessment if that's the part you are worried about?.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Donna.
Hi Donna ours was reasonably simple, from the skills assessment, as we are both registered nurses. Wendy is right if there is an issue that will effect your visa application, you should seek professional assistance. Hope this helps.

Donna
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:19 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that this is prob one of those impossible to answer questions.BUT , on average how long does it take for a visa....from start to finish. And does it differ with which type of visa, and you you use an agency. Am looking at a skills visa, using an agency.
Cheers,
Donna

Got 136 skilled independent and it took 10 months without an agent from TRA to Visa Grant.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Applied for TRA in October '05, 136 visa granted July '06. No agents involved. It could have been quicker but we had a problem getting my son's passport for some reason and it delayed us by a few weeks.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Find the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really nice

Our skills assessment took longer than the visa. ACS (RPL) took 4 months and visa (136 skilled indep) 31/2 months. And we frontloaded PCC's and Meds. Nothing moves as fast as you want but its worth it in the end!

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
Donna
Hi, ours took 9 months from TRA to visa grant, using an agent.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:49 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

ours took 11 months from TRA to Visa Grant using an agent.

(however that was in 2004, i think things can be a lot quicker now)
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
ours took 11 months from TRA to Visa Grant using an agent.

(however that was in 2004, i think things can be a lot quicker now)
take a look at www.austimeline.com and see others' progress.