Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!

Wikiposts

Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!

Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:17 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
I used to go this place a lot, Blanchland in Northumberland
What is it, it looks like Fremantle prison? It also looks freezing cold.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:18 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to get all sentimental now! Alnwick, also Northumberland:
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-alnwick.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:21 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
What is it, it looks like Fremantle prison? It also looks freezing cold.

That shop at the back left is the general store/post office, I used to get sweets from there as a child, the shot is the centre of the village. The pub on the right is very nice, Lord Crewe Arms I think it is called. Didn't live here, lived in 1970's semi, but every summer cisited on numerous Sundays (in the days when only garden centres were open).

Of course it was freezing cold, this is the North East - does look a bit like a winter sunshine doesn't it

Last edited by jayr; Aug 31st 2003 at 5:23 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:23 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

see if this works... maybe too big a file:
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-tourismimage.gif  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:26 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

This is all wrong! Britian has no sun... what am I doing??., it is the pits, it has nothing.
Quick come to Aus to join the "Aus has sun, beaches and big 'ouses" party.. or BO in short as Wilf has suggested

Cheers
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:32 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I used to go this place a lot, Blanchland in Northumberland
I love using my pressure washer, can I give it going over, please?
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:33 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

I'm starting to get all sentimental now! Alnwick, also Northumberland:
that's a lovely image. Tell me, if the camera were to turn left or right, or 180 degrees, would it be just as nice ?.

I found that taking photos in the UK I all too frequently had to be carefull that I only frame the good and avoided the crap that encroached on the candy box imagery.

The same is true of stuff in Aus too, but thanks to the sparsness it's less of a problem.

http://www.hartill.net/Beach/Pages/14.html

... a few paces to the left are scruffy public toilets with a quaint ye-olde flat felt roof, big steel doors and anti-vandal windows. :lecture:
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:33 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by Ceri
This is all wrong! Britian has no sun... what am I doing??., it is the pits, it has nothing.
Quick come to Aus to join the "Aus has sun, beaches and big 'ouses" party.. or BO in short as Wilf has suggested

Cheers

This may help for advertising purposes:
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-rain.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:38 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

This may help for advertising purposes:

oh hang on you don't like do you?

I'll do a tigger... means I'm laughing... instead of the smiley things
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-woohoohoohoo.gif  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:46 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by welshpom
that's a lovely image. Tell me, if the camera were to turn left or right, or 180 degrees, would it be just as nice ?.

Here's one at 180 degrees (ish):
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-alnwick2.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:49 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by Ceri

oh hang on you don't like do you?

I'll do a tigger... means I'm laughing... instead of the smiley things
I don't mind the , it was just that some poster (can't even remember who now) used them without any accompanying text or anything. Anyway, here's another good one I found, looks very typically British:
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-rain2.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:50 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by Megalania
I love using my pressure washer, can I give it going over, please?

And ther's me thinking you had a sense of history
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We have just returned from a goodbye trip to the North.
I always wanted to go to Blackpool. Here are the pictures they were taken in the 'height of Summer' end of August.

Boddington Brewery Manchester
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-blackpool.harriette-001.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Blackpool Beach
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-blackpool.harriette-016.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

An old tram on the prom.

As you can see the weather was cold and dismal most of the time. We did have 1 day of sun out of 7 though!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the pit called Britain.. Aus has sun!-blackpool.harriette-030.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.