Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pictures From Ningaloo Reef

Pictures From Ningaloo Reef

Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pictures From Ningaloo Reef

Heres one nice picture I took on my recent trip to Ningaloo. To see more click here:

http://sponsored.uwa.edu.au/ningaloo/
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-img_1325.jpg  
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Anjali is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, those are beautiful! Did you use a special camera?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 2:15 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pictures From Ningaloo Reef

Originally posted by renth
Heres one nice picture I took on my recent trip to Ningaloo. To see more click here:
They're gorgeous, I've been wondering what it was like up there. Did you take any of the surroundings above the water?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally posted by renth

http://sponsored.uwa.edu.au/ningaloo/
Great pics!

Dived at Exmouth a couple of years ago. We did the Whale Shark snokelling thing. Which was a bit manic & crazy.

Great diving though - the amount & variety of creatures we saw each dive was mind blowing. We enjoyed Ningaloo much more than the Barrier Reef.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Renth

Excellent pics. What camera and lighting did you use?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:31 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by bondipom
Renth

Great pics - makes me wish I was back over there diving again!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Renth

I used a Canon S45 with an underwater housing (natch).
Old Apr 21st 2004, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
They're gorgeous, I've been wondering what it was like up there. Did you take any of the surroundings above the water?
I did take a few. The beaches are lovely. Some, like Turquoise Bay have white sand and lovely clear water.

The actual bushland of the Cape Range National Park is quite stark, a bit like the surface of Mars in fact.

I went back to the spot in the dunes at Tulki beach where the previous year I found a recently deceased adult female turtle. This time it was a skeleton and I took the skull as a souvenir.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:05 am
owieb

Not wishing to hog Renths post here are some pics of the where we went camping on the Cape Range. We were there the same time as Renth and camped in the park at a place called T-Bone. It's a very small camping area (but one of the better ones as it has shade!) with only 3 spots.

You have to be self-sufficient as there is no drinking water, no electricity etc. They do have bush toilets which are really nice, but other than that you're on your own.

T-Bone is about 40Kms from Exmouth and just down from the tourist information centre. The camping is right on the beach just a walk over the sand dune (I'll attach a pic of the beach) so it's a fantastic spot. Lakeside (a very popular snorkeling spot) is the next beach down and is well worth a visit.

Because the campsite is so small we had the beach and water to ourselves, other than the turtles (there was about 3 or 4 of them that were regulars) and the odd black tip reef shark that would come in at sunset!

Anyway, enough rambling....on with the pics.....enjoy!

The first one is looking down towards T-Bone Bay and Kori Bay, as Renth said it's pretty stark!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-web2.jpg  

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:06 am
owieb

Our camp! (we're the ones hidden behind trees) You really need as much shade as possible.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-web3.jpg  

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:07 am
owieb

Kangaroo checking out my kiteboard!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-web1.jpg  

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:10 am
owieb

T-Bone beach/bay. This was just a stunning spot, crystal clear water as far as the eye can see!

It's not very deep either, no more that about 1.6m (even at 500m) off the beach.

Got some awesome kiting in as well (though not too much as the wind was playing up! ).
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-web4.jpg  

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:12 am
owieb

And to finish off, a lovely sunset....aahhhh!

Many an evening was spent sitting on the beach watching the sun go down!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Ningaloo Reef-web5.jpg  

High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photies guys. There is just something about the colour of the sky up there that is sooo special................... Nice one
owieb

Thanks for your pics Renth, they are stunning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.