Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pics and details of our Oz recce

Pics and details of our Oz recce

Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:00 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all
Smile Pics and details of our Oz recce

Thought you might like to see details of our recent recce to Brisbane where we also took in Sydney, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast - http://travel.yahoo.com/trip?pid=502...on=viewjournal

Daryl

By the way on our way out there in Singapore I checked our e-mail to find that we had been granted the visa! 18 months and a lot of expense but it's definitely worth it! It made our recce even more enjoyable because we knew we'd definitely be moving - just need to sell the damn house now!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pics and details of our Oz recce

Originally Posted by darylh
Thought you might like to see details of our recent recce to Brisbane where we also took in Sydney, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast - http://travel.yahoo.com/trip?pid=502...on=viewjournal

Daryl

By the way on our way out there in Singapore I checked our e-mail to find that we had been granted the visa! 18 months and a lot of expense but it's definitely worth it! It made our recce even more enjoyable because we knew we'd definitely be moving - just need to sell the damn house now!
Well worth a look - though I may be a bit biased (seen as how I was with him!!!)
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:08 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Daryl

Great news on the Visa front & good luck with the house sale.....Great trip by the look of things...

Cheers for sharing

Ginny
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Daryl

Wow Daryl what a fantastic report.Brings back so many memories.
We too are heading to The Sunshine Coast permanatly and are stopping over in Singapore.Orchard Road sounds fab just need more money to spend now.
We are looking at staying at Sentosa island.
Good Luck with the house sale.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Daryl

We too are heading to The Sunshine Coast permanently and are stopping over in Singapore.Orchard Road sounds fab just need more money to spend now.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daryl

We too are heading to The Sunshine Coast permanently and are stopping over in Singapore.Orchard Road sounds fab just need more money to spend now.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Superb read,thank you
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:42 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Daryl

Wow! I really enjoyed reading about your trip and your photos were excellent! You managed to pack a lot in during your trip! Hope your house sale goes well and you can get back out there asap!

Jackie x
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Some fab pics there!!
Makes good reading ....Raby Bay some place...out of our league too
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:27 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Great post & pics.

Noticed your internal flight from Brissie to Sydney was 1 1/2 hours. You're only on the same budget airline for an extra couple of hours if you want to see Sydney from W.A.

Just reminded me that Perth's 'isolated' label is an abstract notion.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:34 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Daryl

Exellent post very informative and great pics, we have just been out to Brisbane and the sunshine coast and were really impressed with the feel of the place and how clean it was. We went to the gold coast and went up the Q1 tower where the view from the top is amazing. There is so much to see and do there and when my wife saw you could bring your own to restaurants that was it, she was in heaven.

We are still waiting on our visa but can't wait to get back out there again, where are you planning on settling when you go back there?

Dave
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:48 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happy chappy
Exellent post very informative and great pics, we have just been out to Brisbane and the sunshine coast and were really impressed with the feel of the place and how clean it was. We went to the gold coast and went up the Q1 tower where the view from the top is amazing. There is so much to see and do there and when my wife saw you could bring your own to restaurants that was it, she was in heaven.

We are still waiting on our visa but can't wait to get back out there again, where are you planning on settling when you go back there?

Dave
I really liked Sydney because of the beach culture but the missus is set on Brisbane. Don't get me wrong, I loved brisbane too. I guess going to the beach every weekend instead of every day will have to suffice! We liked Clevelend area in Brisbane but also Carindale and the Heights areas of Brisbane. There's so many nice areas I'll be happy wherever we live, got to be nicer than Doncaster!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:51 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic

oh how i wish we were there

jan xx
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Daryl

I enjoyed reading about your trip. On our way back this year we stopped at the Pan Pacific hotel and thought it was fab but it rained for the entire time we were there unfortunately. Have you decided where you are going to settle when you make the move over?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:56 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

I really liked Sydney because of the beach culture but the missus is set on Brisbane. Don't get me wrong, I loved brisbane too. I guess going to the beach every weekend instead of every day will have to suffice! We liked Clevelend area in Brisbane but also Carindale and the Heights areas of Brisbane. There's so many nice areas I'll be happy wherever we live, got to be nicer than Doncaster!
We really likes the feel of Brisbane but like you I like the beach so it will be the Sunshine Coast for us. you can go to southbank for the beach but the waves aren't much good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.