Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pickfords likely to go bust....

Pickfords likely to go bust....

Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:53 am
Just Joined

surf n turf is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Pickfords likely to go bust....

Hi,

I've got to say that John Mason's have been great, the rep was really helpful, he explained about their financial bond (which covers all your moving costs) He didn't give any bullshine and having phoned them. Lady called Gill was of huge help.

You do get what you pay for. I think they are nationwide as the moved my cousin to New Zealand couple of years back and he was very impressed...

Good luck

Thel
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:59 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pickfords likely to go bust....

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
John Masons have just called me, they are obviously taking advantage of the situation. They can do the collection on Friday but from looking through my T&C's with Pickfords we are liable for 50% of the cost of the job if we cancel now.

Totally no idea what to do that is a hell of a lot of money to lose !!!
I would rather lose 50% of the fee and use a reputable shipping company than risk losing my entire worldly goods to a company I knew was in trouble.

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Yes I thought Pickfords guy very cocky too, & gave me all the 'sales patter' the reason we didn;t choose them actually...phew! OH dealt with PSS guy so cant comment. John masons guy very nice, no bullsh*t and fancy folders, just did his job, gave good advice and left. I can dig out his card if you want. pm me.
Crown, fancy files too...but they were very proffessional & offered excellent service just to ££££ for us.

Jackie
LOL.....thought I just found them cocky Will ring a few other shipping companies this week.

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
If the company does go into liquidation you might not get the other 50% back
True.....but ianhutch1 could lose out either way at the moment

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Just rang them, they assured me everything is o.k. a lot of the shipping companies are in the same boat apparently, they told me that they used Pickfords as an example as they are the most well known. Anyway it's too late for me as they ar nearly done so fingers crossed. Andy
Think they rung ianhutch1 too earlier when he queried his position with them. They don't want to lose any customers and are trying to keep their potential customers.

Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:01 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surf n turf
Hi,

I've got to say that John Mason's have been great, the rep was really helpful, he explained about their financial bond (which covers all your moving costs) He didn't give any bullshine and having phoned them. Lady called Gill was of huge help.

You do get what you pay for. I think they are nationwide as the moved my cousin to New Zealand couple of years back and he was very impressed...

Good luck

Thel
Thanks for the referal......JM are now on the top of my list of shippers to ring!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I would rather lose 50% of the fee and use a reputable shipping company than risk losing my entire worldly goods to a company I knew was in trouble.
Yes, I think we are going to cancel Pickfords I just cant handle the pressure of not knowing it our goods are going to get there or not - we are stressed out enough already without this to deal with!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:08 am
Make it happen!!!!

Yes, I think we are going to cancel Pickfords I just cant handle the pressure of not knowing it our goods are going to get there or not - we are stressed out enough already without this to deal with!
Hope things work out for you......if it helps I would have made that decision if I was you
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought but has anyone checked the insurance they took out, might have something in there that covers this?.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:17 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by TMRE
Just a thought but has anyone checked the insurance they took out, might have something in there that covers this?.
Bet there's something in the smallprint which wouldn't pay up in circumstances like this though
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Right have cancelled Pickfords and arranged John Masons to come around on Friday to do the collection.

Have had to pay £295 cancellation to Pickfords and John Mason are about £300 more than what Pickfords quoted us but if it gives us some peace of mind then I dont care.

Going to have a beer tonight now
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:29 am
Make it happen!!!!

Right have cancelled Pickfords and arranged John Masons to come around on Friday to do the collection.

Have had to pay £295 cancellation to Pickfords and John Mason are about £300 more than what Pickfords quoted us but if it gives us some peace of mind then I dont care.

Going to have a beer tonight now
Hope you didn't lose too much money to Pickfords and they give you some back!!! John Masons are going to be really busy soon
Enjoy your drinks tonight, sounds like you need quite a few
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hope you didn't lose too much money to Pickfords and they give you some back!!! John Masons are going to be really busy soon
Enjoy your drinks tonight, sounds like you need quite a few
Beth x x
Just wanted to say, Good luck to everyone tied up with this Pickfords debacle. As if we haven't got enough to contend with.
There but for the grace of god and all that..... Thank goodness for cocky sales reps is all I can say:-).

Best wishes to you all

Jackie
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:00 am
Just Joined

surf n turf is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep Good luck to all...

Worse things happen at sea....(maybe not a good comment considering )

The beer sounds good.

T
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Have read this thread, am wishing everyone the best involved in the whole shipping thing. So sending vibes and lots of luck for all of you dealing with Pickfords now.

Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:26 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

omg just seen this!! glad we decided on robinsons now...even though their quote hasnt arrived!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:28 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
omg just seen this!! glad we decided on robinsons now...even though their quote hasnt arrived!!
Yeah it's bad news for a few people caught up in it at the moment
Bet all the other shipping companies will be rubbing their hands together now!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Wasm just about to send acceptance form to Pickfords this afternoon.....glad i had a look on this!!!!!!!!

Have just rung 3 local companies for more quotes Greens/Brittania/Arrowpak anyone used them?

Will hold out know and see what they produce.

Lucy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.