Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pickfords or Doree Bonner

Pickfords or Doree Bonner

Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Pickfords or Doree Bonner

Hi

I know people must be sick of seeing threads 'which shipper' so apologies for this.

We've had shipping quotes and our decision is pretty much between Pickfords and Doree Bonner, I can't pick between them really. There is only a few pounds difference in price. I intend to get both to reduce on price and see who comes out cheapest but who would you go for out the two companies?

If it makes a difference we're going to be moving from Essex to Sydney so would be useful for opinions on experiences from/to these areas.

Many thanks
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all
Default Re: Pickfords or Doree Bonner

doree bonner were brill 4 us
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'd not recommend Pickfords, myself and a few other people who came the same route as us, in which our employer paid for shipping thru Pickfords, are having problems with insurance claims ie them not coughing up the full replacement value of the items we'd insured.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:23 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold

Pickfords were FANTASTIC for us when we used them, DB never returned our calls and were more expensive anyway. Go Pickies! Great team at this end and in Liverpool too.. all very happy & helpful chappies very hardworking too - which made such a stressful time go more smoothly.

Good luck with your choice and move !
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

We had problems with Doree Bonner but that was the Nottingham Office. They FORGOT to pack a rather expensive bedroom suite, needless to say thay couldn't find it at the other end and the insurance quote was a nightmare and took ages to sort, pus no return phone calls

Last edited by aussiedreamer; Jun 9th 2010 at 10:27 am.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:34 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

We used DB. The lads were very good at Uk end. Packed up everything no problems.
The lads unpacking this end were also good no problems.
Some of the items where damaged, might have been done at customs as our container was unloaded.
No problems with insurance claims, got 2 quotes as requested and payment was made soon after.
IMO you are gona be lucky or unlucky with whoever you choose.
Good luck and hope the move goes smoothly.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

We all came over as lateral transfers from the British to the Australian Army. So many of us have had issues with Pickfords, things missing, damaged etc and we all had the same problem, getting them to actually cough up and replace the items they damaged! Our stuff was delivered in March and it's still not sorted, NOT GOOD!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

We used Pickfords and never had a problem with them at all
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:41 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by seat151
We used Pickfords and never had a problem with them at all
The service was fine, it's the aftercare that's been shocking!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
The service was fine, it's the aftercare that's been shocking!
Thats great, many thanks to all that posted. I think its probably about the same, you're gonna get good and bad stories about each of them. choice factor will now be who can give me the best deal!!

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:39 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronk
Thats great, many thanks to all that posted. I think its probably about the same, you're gonna get good and bad stories about each of them. choice factor will now be who can give me the best deal!!

Cheers
Just remember their are only 2 companies that have staff all over the world, Allied pickfords & crown , all the others use agent companies, to do your deliverys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mm
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just remember their are only 2 companies that have staff all over the world, Allied pickfords & crown , all the others use agent companies, to do your deliverys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mm
I am aware of that, but I've only heard good things (so far!) about Doree Bonner's partner, Grace which is why its not concerning me at present that its not Doree Bonner through and through.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 5:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I am aware of that, but I've only heard good things (so far!) about Doree Bonner's partner, Grace which is why its not concerning me at present that its not Doree Bonner through and through.
I contracted to Grace, for 28 years , needless to say i am now with Allied pickfords, a far more proffesional company..............mm
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We have Pickfords coming in next week to quote for us. Still waiting for Doree Bonner to ring back.

Alison x
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

digsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant future

Hi

I know people must be sick of seeing threads 'which shipper' so apologies for this.

We've had shipping quotes and our decision is pretty much between Pickfords and Doree Bonner, I can't pick between them really. There is only a few pounds difference in price. I intend to get both to reduce on price and see who comes out cheapest but who would you go for out the two companies?

If it makes a difference we're going to be moving from Essex to Sydney so would be useful for opinions on experiences from/to these areas.

Many thanks
We used Doree Bonner/Grace and no problem with either. Good service and cheaper than Pickfords - I definitely would go with DB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.