Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this pick on dotty day????

Is this pick on dotty day????

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road
Default Is this pick on dotty day????

Just opened a thread entitled 'am I a freak" by PP (and by the way no ur not! You're very lucky that you like oz so much and a good role model to those of us who don't like it as I for one hope that someday I will love it as much as you) and once again it seems that instead of a discussion we have a personal attack on someone...dotty. I am sick of opening these threads and instead of finding useful, interesting information and viewpoints I find that the thread has been hijacked and turned into a slanging match....does anybody have any suggestions on how we can prevent this crap once and for all? I want to be able to log on here for once and not find all this nastiness.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this pick on dotty day????

Originally posted by Lany
Just opened a thread entitled 'am I a freak" by PP (and by the way no ur not! You're very lucky that you like oz so much and a good role model to those of us who don't like it as I for one hope that someday I will love it as much as you) and once again it seems that instead of a discussion we have a personal attack on someone...dotty. I am sick of opening these threads and instead of finding useful, interesting information and viewpoints I find that the thread has been hijacked and turned into a slanging match....does anybody have any suggestions on how we can prevent this crap once and for all? I want to be able to log on here for once and not find all this nastiness.

Thanks for picking up on this. The best part was my post was actually very positive saying loads of people are happy in OZ, but it got jumped on anyway.

Which I think proves very well there are little gangs on here who go at others posts regardless of the content of the post. In this case its obvious they had not even read it. Read my threads, jumped on by the same old people every time.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:20 am
Merlot

Default Don't think we can

It's all about free speech and everyone being difference.

Just have to jump around the bits that are not for you. I do that a fair bit, take what helps me.

Regards
Merlot

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

It happens all the time - either ignore it (I'm a fine one to talk , I think I should take my own advice ) , or fight back - then it gets heated. .

Aww don't pick on the Dot's... or I'll set my snarling cats on you all. (noticed some one had a go at her the other day in the DUP's potatoes thread - when she was just stating a fact of what all of us know here in Brisbane - that veggies are expensive in the supermarkets)

cheers
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:33 am
Merlot

Originally posted by Ceri
It happens all the time - either ignore it (I'm a fine one to talk , I think I should take my own advice ) , or fight back - then it gets heated. .

Aww don't pick on the Dot's... or I'll set my snarling cats on you all. (noticed some one had a go at her the other day in the DUP's potatoes thread - when she was just stating a fact of what all of us know here in Brisbane - that veggies are expensive in the supermarkets)

cheers
I think Dotty cops a lot as she has strong opinions but the difference between a lot of us and Dots is that Dotty says them, and more fuel for her!!!!

Same with PodgyPossum (not sure right spelling), says what many of us think. Again, good for PP!

The louder the squeek the more oil!!!!

Ceri is right, just ignore the things you don't like, like Ceri I got myself caught up in a couple of "debates" and really it is best to keep your nose out, especially if it is between two people.

Merlot

Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are forming a little forum gang here girls
Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:02 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Bix
Sounds like you are forming a little forum gang here girls
handbags at dawn.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:13 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by Lany
I would put it down to bordom...we are all sitting here waiting waiting waiting...your life starts to revolve around waiting and loggin on to ex pats...you run out of questions...so lets have a row instead...Its a shame really..I agree..This site is most imformative and supportive at times..but it occassionally looses the plot...we have lost the most famous person for starting a bad debate..the bad guy of the forum..so now we sqwabble amoungst ourselves...people should try not to rise to it and leave it to be the imformative/supportive site it usually is
Some people like it being S****Y cos its more interesting..but that sometimes goes to far....as it got the other day...dont think I need elaborate on that one EH...!...
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

To me this is a forum, I expect people to have different opinions or what is the point of having a forum!

What I dont expect is people to get threats from those who dont agree with them. And I dont think its just me its happened to.

I will not be getting off this forum, I will continue to post because as far as I am aware hundreds of people (including those funnily enough who dont agree with me ) have benefited from information I have posted, be it from shops to areas to live to schools to cheap airline tickets, and a million other snippets too.

As far as I can see there is a balance of people here, those happy, those going home, those coming out, from that a huge bank of info has formed. People making sick threats should not stop that.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by dotty
To me this is a forum, I expect people to have different opinions or what is the point of having a forum!

What I dont expect is people to get threats from those who dont agree with them. And I dont think its just me its happened to.

I will not be getting off this forum, I will continue to post because as far as I am aware hundreds of people (including those funnily enough who dont agree with me ) have benefited from information I have posted, be it from shops to areas to live to schools to cheap airline tickets, and a million other snippets too.

As far as I can see there is a balance of people here, those happy, those going home, those coming out, from that a huge bank of info has formed. People making sick threats should not stop that.
are you going to do a ceri and post these threats for us to see?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:31 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by dotty

Sticks and stones...........Getting threats is when someone pins you up against the wall of the toilet in the boozer or phones you up every night at 4am screaming abuse down the line. The odd little insult on a forum where we all have a degree of anonimity is hardly threatening my dear!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Sticks and stones...........Getting threats is when someone pins you up against the wall of the toilet in the boozer or phones you up every night at 4am screaming abuse down the line. The odd little insult on a forum where we all have a degree of anonimity is hardly threatening my dear!
Yeah but why is the anonimity necessary ?
Lets have it in the open forum where it can be judged "hardly threatening" or not.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bix
Yeah but why is the anonimity necessary ?
Lets have it in the open forum where it can be judged "hardly threatening" or not.
Privacy, identity theft, weirdos and spam are my reasons.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by bondipom
Privacy, identity theft, weirdos and spam are my reasons.
You misunderstood me BP.
I meant the anonimity of PM threatening messages.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:14 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by WBB
are you going to do a ceri and post these threats for us to see?

so who is the phantom pm'er? i was thinkin noel f but then i thought not enough irelavant reteric poetry for him,so on the balance of being an inadiquit emotional f... wit it must be JORDAN im a ****** pleb get me on tv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.