Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Photos of pets you're taking with you...

Wikiposts

Photos of pets you're taking with you...

Old Jun 6th 2004, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jules&Dex
Our Akita called Kyna. Hopefully the journey to Sydney will not be too dramatic for her.

Jules

Hi Jules. So glad to see someone else is taking an Akita with them How old is she? Ours is 4. I'm just a bit worried about how he'll get on in the heat, but leaving him behind isn't even an option!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos of pets you're taking with you...

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Hi,

This is our Milly - she's an Australian Shepherd and these were taken when she was 4 months old. She'll be 6 months next week. Son is in garden as I write taking some more up-to-date pics. We're taking Milly with us, but we'll probably leave our moggie Ceefa here (Ceefa as in C for Cat - don't ask, he's my husbands!!). Mother-in-law will look after him for us, we hope!!. He's getting on a bit now. We wouldn't leave Milly here but it's going to kill me to pack her up in a crate, leave her on her own for 20+ hours and then transfer her into a bigger cage for the quarrantine period. I'm as soft as lights and incredibly sensitive when it comes to me pooch but I know we are doing the right thing. It's a short period of time in the scheme of things, I know. Bit concerned that she won't like the heat though as she has a fairly thick coat.

Am I the only pathetic one who's tied themselves up in knots over this...........

D D
Couldn't leave without ours either four newfoundlands

Last edited by debsvirgo; Jun 6th 2004 at 5:17 am.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Jules&Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teddybex
Hi Jules. So glad to see someone else is taking an Akita with them How old is she? Ours is 4. I'm just a bit worried about how he'll get on in the heat, but leaving him behind isn't even an option!

Hi Teddybex,

Kyna will be 4yrs in Nov, one week before we fly out. She is my husband's baby and if he had to make a choice I am sure he would rather take her than me!

We are heading to the Gold Coast, so not too far from where you are going.

We are worried about the heat but there seems to be a few Akita breeders in Australia, so we are hoping she will adapt ok.

I wish there was a quarantine station closer than Sydney though.

Jules
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jules&Dex

I wish there was a quarantine station closer than Sydney though.

Jules
Me too! We'll be staying in Sydney for the first month and travelling to Brisbane once he is out of quarantine. I couldn't go 30 days without seeng him!
What is the best quote you have had to take her if you don't mind me asking? Think we'll be using Golden Arrow. They've quoted us £2200 which includes almost everything and they seem really helpful.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Billy the English Bull, coming to Oz next year.
Attached Thumbnails Photos of pets you're taking with you...-bill-13-03-04-1.jpg  
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:13 am
mickj

I don't know which is more scarier, the pic or the alleged british bulldog :scared:

Originally posted by The Hun
Billy the English Bull, coming to Oz next year.

Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:48 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sukhi
Here's mine
That is absolutely brilliant, congrats to the guy stroking the mouse
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:49 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
I don't know which is more scarier, the pic or the alleged british bulldog :scared:
Nope, that's a bull terier all right, brilliant dogs

http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/bullter.cfm

Youre thinking about a british bull dog (you know John Bull, Winston Churchill?)
Old Jun 6th 2004, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point

[IMG]jacksons 099[/IMG]

See if this works
This is a picture of our 2 year old weimeraner

'ZEUS'
Old Jun 6th 2004, 7:26 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Elvis
[IMG]jacksons 099[/IMG]

See if this works
This is a picture of our 2 year old weimeraner

'ZEUS'
Nope
Old Jun 6th 2004, 7:40 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
That is absolutely brilliant, congrats to the guy stroking the mouse
Sorry Don, can't take the credit for this, Picture cracks me up though as it looks so weird!

Here's my Ben at four months.

All right, you lot, how many of you look like your dogs!

Last edited by Covenant; Jun 6th 2004 at 7:42 am.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Jules&Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teddybex
Me too! We'll be staying in Sydney for the first month and travelling to Brisbane once he is out of quarantine. I couldn't go 30 days without seeng him!
What is the best quote you have had to take her if you don't mind me asking? Think we'll be using Golden Arrow. They've quoted us £2200 which includes almost everything and they seem really helpful.

Hi Teddybex,

We have chosen Par Air Services they quoted £1643 (excluded is blood tests/import permit/health cert/worming - comes to £1885).
Their insurance is £8 per £100 value of pet.

Airpets quoted £2230.

Golden Arrow quoted £1963 (excluding blood tests approx £100).

Being a bitch Kyna is probably a bit smaller than your dog.

Good Luck

Jules
Old Jun 13th 2004, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Our Cassie who we shipped using Golden Arrow. We drove down to Sydney (Eastern Creek Quarantine Station) to collect her and brought her back to Bris with us in the car. Here she is relaxing in her new home......
Attached Thumbnails Photos of pets you're taking with you...-cassie-30-may-04.jpg  
Old Jun 13th 2004, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

CRIKEY!! She's a big un!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Sydney is going to Sydney, but we are going to Brissie!!
Attached Thumbnails Photos of pets you're taking with you...-img_0341.jpg