Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Phoned Adelaide Last Night

Phoned Adelaide Last Night

Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:58 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Phoned Adelaide Last Night

And spoke to a lovely lady who refused to tell me anything about my case, she said I had phoned on the busiest day of the year as most of the student visas / temp visas expired on March 15th and it is chaos in immigration today!!

What great timing I have, she was really sweet about it but my big effort of staying up past 11.30 was wasted!!! Oh well will try again in a couple of weeks if not got the medcials requests. Will now go and eat the kids easter eggs!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Phoned Adelaide Last Night

Originally posted by leanda
And spoke to a lovely lady who refused to tell me anything about my case, she said I had phoned on the busiest day of the year as most of the student visas / temp visas expired on March 15th and it is chaos in immigration today!!

What great timing I have, she was really sweet about it but my big effort of staying up past 11.30 was wasted!!! Oh well will try again in a couple of weeks if not got the medcials requests. Will now go and eat the kids easter eggs!!!!
when did you put your application in?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

God, you must be brave........the lst thing I would do would be to phone on a Monday morning.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:22 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Mummy
when did you put your application in?

July last year, was only phoning to see if I had a case officer, but she wasn't able to put me through, I know that a lot of Julys are getting their med requests and we have booked ours for next week so was curious if we are going to be getting ours soon, was never good at waiting for things!!!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by leanda
July last year, was only phoning to see if I had a case officer, but she wasn't able to put me through, I know that a lot of Julys are getting their med requests and we have booked ours for next week so was curious if we are going to be getting ours soon, was never good at waiting for things!!!

When I put our app in we didn't hear anything from them until we contacted them, by email to the general email address saying that the austimeline site suggested that we should have heard by now and checking that they had our correct address. We then got a letter a few days later asking for the meds and police checks. So it is worth hassling them a bit I think. Besides, if other July's have had theirs and you send yours in early it will probably be fine!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:07 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We have a case officer, and within 3 hrs of sending an email we had a reply - ie an answer to our question not just that they had received the email. Sounds like we were lucky to hear so quickly.