Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Phone & Internet Packages

Phone & Internet Packages

Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phone & Internet Packages

Moving into a rental so looking for a phone & internet service - anyone have recommendations rental in Birkdale Brisbane.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:58 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone & Internet Packages

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Moving into a rental so looking for a phone & internet service - anyone have recommendations rental in Birkdale Brisbane.
I used AAPT. Phone $29.95 / mo and 1500/256k broadand at $59.95. Only took a few days to setup and the customer service isn't bad - they actually use humans to answer the phone
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

AAPT will have a look see - has to be better that dial up - so painfull.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike, have you looked at http://whirlpool.net.au ?

They have a page where you can put in a postcode & see what broadband providers are available & whats the best deal for you. There is also a forum where you can check what others have said about different providers.

We use Optus in the rentals, but I wouldnt necessarily recommend them, they just happened to suit what we needed for those houses.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeMc
We are with iinet and we've had no problems and we've got our phone with them as well. We've got wireless broadband and it always works but i don't know about the technical stuff!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
We are with iinet and we've had no problems and we've got our phone with them as well. We've got wireless broadband and it always works but i don't know about the technical stuff!
OOhhh don't get me started on iinet I would be here all night!!

As other people have said, the whirlpool site is probably your best place to look as you have the option to limit plans by speed,price, download limits etc, so you should be able to find what you want for the best price in your area

Good luck!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teliko21
OOhhh don't get me started on iinet I would be here all night!!

As other people have said, the whirlpool site is probably your best place to look as you have the option to limit plans by speed,price, download limits etc, so you should be able to find what you want for the best price in your area

Good luck!
That's just us of course! Other people might have had a different experience!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
That's just us of course! Other people might have had a different experience!
I'm glad you have had positive experiences with them, I'm sure we were just unlucky but there is no way we would ever go with them again for anything after the way we treated us personally Actually I think there were quite a lot of people in the same boat but this was years ago and they are one of the biggest ISPs in Australia.

Just be wary of the download limits, I don't know what you use the internet for, but some of the cheap broadband deals come with only a few 100 MB of download limit (uploads will count towards this as well in most cases) and then the ISP will charge you excess usage fees or in other cases limit your speed. Completely unlimited is the way for me!