Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Phone chat/interview!!!

Phone chat/interview!!!

Old May 11th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future
Default Re: Phone chat/interview!!!

Well ended up taking the call sunday morning was on the phone for 1 hour 15 mins so think it went quite well so just waiting to hear back now so fingers crossed!!!
Old May 11th 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

Old May 11th 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

good luck....let us know
Old May 11th 2010, 6:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Standing up is good as it makes you come across more confident over the phone.
Standing whilst naked and imagining them naked also works.

Unless it's a video call.
Old May 11th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Old May 11th 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DeadVim

you don't know how true that comment was
Old May 11th 2010, 11:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oxford_lad
you don't know how true that comment was
I didn't realise my webcam was on for my first interview and the guy said: "I'm sorry we can't hire you, I can see your nuts".

I thought he meant crazy ...
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

We had an email today and the big boss now wants to speak to me on the phone this weekend.....

Positive outcome from the first call then!!!

Starting to seam all a bit real now!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

robjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura about

Well done. Hope you get the outcome you want. Just take it one step at a time and see what happens

We had an email today and the big boss now wants to speak to me on the phone this weekend.....

Positive outcome from the first call then!!!

Starting to seam all a bit real now!!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

well finally had my second call from the boss and basically the job is mine!!

Just waiting to hear about what the package will be....

Just need to get my visa (spouse) sorted out then could winging my way over to Oz for a new job and life!!!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

well done you - what part of oz is the job?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

The job is based in Sydney....just my luck probably the most expensive area as well!!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:09 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

well finally had my second call from the boss and basically the job is mine!!

Just waiting to hear about what the package will be....

Just need to get my visa (spouse) sorted out then could winging my way over to Oz for a new job and life!!!
Well done on getting your job, we haven't been o forum for a while so catching up.

So you got the job completely being interviewed by phone? My hubby was under the impression that he couldn't even think of applying for jobs until we were over. He is in accounting btw so it may not be the same for his job type??

Congrats again

Last edited by RossCountyLoyal; Jun 16th 2010 at 5:10 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:13 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rod-Helen-Poppy
had a few of these and never had to pay even though i received them on my mobile.

i stood up and walked around as it helped me think lol.

good luck
I did that too, interview lasted over an hour, found myself 2 miles from home at the end of it
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
You only pay to receive if you are roaming. If you have a uk mobile on a uk network receiving is free. If you are aus/foreign mobile on a uk network you will pay to receive. Check with your operator for roaming rates. I dont think the OP is roaming
This. The basic rule is in Oz is: 'The caller pays what they expect to pay'. In other words if I have an Oz registered mobile and I call another Oz registered mobile I have no way of knowing that the person on the other end is overseas, so the person receiving the call pays from the outbound Int DSL (the point at which the call leaves the country), the person making the call pays whatever they would have paid if the person had been in the country.

So if the company makes a call to an overseas registered mobile, the person receiving the call pays nothing as the originator of the call had prior knowledge as to where the phone was registered and pays everything..

Yes, I work in telco, no I can't help you with your bill and I don't have a clue about iPhones or plans so don't PM me.

Forgot to say congrats on the job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.