British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Phew!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/phew-227761/)

mikenvonny Apr 30th 2004 10:25 am

Phew!!!

Talk about last minute.
Got grant letter last thursday and sent passports to London for evidencing. Post office said they would be delivered Monday, what was monday? Anzac Day , AHC closed and so parcel returned to GPO. parcel then delivered tuesday.
Then the heavens were smiling on us, as passports returned with visas attached thursday morning(great service!!)
good job really as i had got good deal with singapore to fly sat(may 1st) £1600.00 for 4 adults(2 teenagers)
Crown are in packing as i write
Anyway hello to all of you down on the Gold Coast, we will be there by MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

,:beer: :beer: :) :) :)

Innyjim Apr 30th 2004 10:28 am

Re: Phew!!!

Originally posted by mikenvonny
Talk about last minute.
Got grant letter last thursday and sent passports to London for evidencing. Post office said they would be delivered Monday, what was monday? Anzac Day , AHC closed and so parcel returned to GPO. parcel then delivered tuesday.
Then the heavens were smiling on us, as passports returned with visas attached thursday morning(great service!!)
good job really as i had got good deal with singapore to fly sat(may 1st) £1600.00 for 4 adults(2 teenagers)
Anyway hello to all of you down on the Gold Coast, we will be there by MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck mate. Good to see you left a nice big margin for error !!!!:D

Larissa Apr 30th 2004 10:33 am

Talk about last minute.

Best Wishes!!! I don't think I could handle that fast a move :scared:

mikenvonny Apr 30th 2004 10:37 am

Originally posted by Innyjim
Good luck mate. Good to see you left a nice big margin for error !!!!:D
Cheers
I would like to think it was a perfectly executed operation, but it was more good luck than anything, been shi**ng myself for last week.
Could have changed flights, but would have lost offer, spent yesterday frantically booking hire cars, accomodation etc

helinuk Apr 30th 2004 10:38 am

[You have a very understanding family- talk about last minute!
Hope it all goes well for you-
once crown have gone you can sit back and enjoy Sing.air on Saturday :)

mikenvonny Apr 30th 2004 10:41 am

I would like to sit back, but i've nothing to sit on!!

sky Apr 30th 2004 11:22 am

talk about by the skin of your teeth ... you def got guts migrating will be a breeze now :D

KayCee Apr 30th 2004 11:25 am

You have been lucky. Don't know if I could leave everything that close!! Best of luck and keep us informed.
KayCee
:cool:

johanne Apr 30th 2004 1:41 pm

Talk about last minute.

Bloody hell mate your brave arent ya....all the best for your move another day to go are you all excited? what airport you flying from and wot time do you leave?