Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pets moving with you.

Pets moving with you.

Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets moving with you.

Does anyone have any information regarding the procedure for getting your pet to Australia?The cost,jabs,etc....Thanks!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:22 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pets moving with you.

Have a look here:

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...516B834217B7F8
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:49 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by moaningcow
Does anyone have any information regarding the procedure for getting your pet to Australia?The cost,jabs,etc....Thanks!

With regards to cost of jabs and health checks, that depends on the vet you use.

I can see if I can dig out my websites and info tomorrow if you like and can post them up on here.

Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
With regards to cost of jabs and health checks, that depends on the vet you use.

I can see if I can dig out my websites and info tomorrow if you like and can post them up on here.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bridiej
Cheers
Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

We used Golden Arrow shippers in shropshire. As regards to the jabs, our dog and cat were up to date anyway so didn't require any cost for that, we just had to pay for the blood test on the dog. Make sure the vet doesn't give your dog the lepto vaccine. Ours had had it in Nov 04 in his routine vaccinations and had blood test in Apr 05, luckily it was ok but usually if they have had this vaccine it shows up as a positive and they have to be re-done and then they could be refused.

Total cost to ship one dog medium sized lurcher and one cat was about £2.5k Uk end and £600 quarantine costs. It all depends on the size of the dog.

Jo
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:32 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Airpets (www.airpets.co.uk I think if not try .com) near Heathrow, they handled all the paperwork and vet stuff etc, came to £1100 for two cats and then $960ish at this end for a month in quarantine.

Both mine had their normal annual jabs up to date before the move and for cats no extra ones were required although they recommend the FIV jabs here as there are quite a few feral cats about and there is a high incidence of FIV among them.

All the info regarding paperwork, regulations etc is on the AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) website, if you google AQIS, I think it is something like www.aqis.gov.au
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
I used Airpets (www.airpets.co.uk I think if not try .com) near Heathrow, they handled all the paperwork and vet stuff etc, came to £1100 for two cats and then $960ish at this end for a month in quarantine.

Both mine had their normal annual jabs up to date before the move and for cats no extra ones were required although they recommend the FIV jabs here as there are quite a few feral cats about and there is a high incidence of FIV among them.

All the info regarding paperwork, regulations etc is on the AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) website, if you google AQIS, I think it is something like www.aqis.gov.au
Cats are a lot less than dogs, from memory £650 ish. You pay less for the 2nd and so on. I suppose the size of cats overall doesn't vary that much so a standard fee. They are part of the family so its hard to leave them behind.

Jo
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moaningcow

We brought two dogs over in January (Border Collie and a small mongrel) vet bills, transportation costs, and quarantine fees gave us little change for £4,000.

Try giving Golden Arrow a ring tel 01588 680240 they have a good reputation and can give you a leaflet explaining the rules and regulations. Also look at http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...516B834217B7F8

Molly