Pets Fly In The Morning

Wikiposts

Pets Fly In The Morning

Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:15 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Pets Fly In The Morning

Hi guys

Am getting really anxious, my babies are flying tomorrow........We dropped them off at Golden Arrow on Friday and it was the worst day, i promptley went out and drowned my sorrows.

They looked so scared and miserable, but its all for the best and they are in great hands. Chris assures me they have settled in and are doing OK.

Unfortunatley though when we got home we found out that our house sale had fallen through, but we thought SOD it we'll go anyway. The house will sell itself while we are away and we will have to just live with my mother for a bit.

Anyway back to my animals........AWAAAW am missing them terribly and can't wait to see them again, which won't be until the 19th. :scared:

Chin up to all those about to embark on this exercise they will be fine.....i will post you Thursday after i have spoken to Melbourne quarantine station and know they have arrived safe.

Kate
:scared:
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:25 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets Fly In The Morning

OMG, OMG!

Kate, thinking of you, you poor poor thing.

r u going to visit them in quarentine......

please let me know how it goes, i need to know EVERYTHING, as i am dreading the day i have to do this.

Try not to worry too muc as
I am sure they will be fine....

good luck

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Hi guys

Am getting really anxious, my babies are flying tomorrow........We dropped them off at Golden Arrow on Friday and it was the worst day, i promptley went out and drowned my sorrows.

They looked so scared and miserable, but its all for the best and they are in great hands. Chris assures me they have settled in and are doing OK.

Unfortunatley though when we got home we found out that our house sale had fallen through, but we thought SOD it we'll go anyway. The house will sell itself while we are away and we will have to just live with my mother for a bit.

Anyway back to my animals........AWAAAW am missing them terribly and can't wait to see them again, which won't be until the 19th. :scared:

Chin up to all those about to embark on this exercise they will be fine.....i will post you Thursday after i have spoken to Melbourne quarantine station and know they have arrived safe.

Kate
Hi Kate

We got to go through the same thing we are using chris at golden arrow. Our dog is going to Sydney. Are you going to visit your pets in quarantine? I cant decide which is best to let the dog know we are there and she is safe or to not distress her anymore.....

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Tincx
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:52 am
Cheeky

Hi Kate,

Awww Im sure your pets will be fine, although it doesnt stop you worrying and I would be exactly the same. Do let us know how it all goes as we will be taking our dog with us when we go to Oz and will be using Golden Arrow.

Im sorry about your house sale and yes I agree, sod it and you should go anyway! Good for you!

Best of luck to you!

Cheeky

Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:02 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate,

Firstly, sorry about your house. That's the last thing you need!

We intend on using Golden Arrow to ship our Milly. Not sure how she'll cope. Whilst talking to the MIL a few weeks ago she asked if we were taking Milly with us. I explained that, absolutely, she's coming with us and that I'm not looking forward to being parted from her for so long. Anyway, I said that the worst thing will be is she thinks we've abandoned her. I know it sounds ridiculous but at that point I started crying! Not blubbing as such but tears welled in my eyes. I stand no hope whatsoever. I thinks hubby will have to take her because I don't think I'd be able to cope.

You have to look at it that it really isn't all that long and you'll soon have them back.

We're off to Melbourne too so let us know what you think of the quarantine place.

Hang in there......

D D
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:25 am
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Hello,

We are going to use Golden Arrow too as well as my parents for when they go to NZ, Can you tell me what they are like as in friemdly, service etc.
I am planning to go to the quar centre once a day when they arrive (work permitting) coz they are 2 rescue cats and they like a lot of fussing hehe
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider
Hello,

We are going to use Golden Arrow too as well as my parents for when they go to NZ, Can you tell me what they are like as in friemdly, service etc.
I am planning to go to the quar centre once a day when they arrive (work permitting) coz they are 2 rescue cats and they like a lot of fussing hehe
Golden Arrow are well recommended, ask them for an information pack.
You are lucky you can choose to go everyday at Perth Quarantine. At Sydney they only allow Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think i might go once when she arrives then leave her to settle until we can pick her up.

PS. I would not recommend shipping your Parents with Golden Arrow!

Cheers Tincx
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:45 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Tincx,

Thought that as well!

D D
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:51 am
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Tincx,

Thought that as well!

D D
LOL yes it does read like that...........
I have got an info pack from them but just wanted to know other peoples opion on them.

No wonder my folks looked at me a bit odd when i look at them with a tape measure in my hand
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:14 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey All

Thanks for all your replies.....really appreciated the support, it is really hard. We are planning on visiting the babies once we arrive and then we'll have to see what happens as the quarantine centre is 4 hours away from where we'll be living.....so who knows, i want to see them always but that's not the case as they only allow 2 visits per week.

Golden arrow, have been great. Really reassuring and i can ring them asking them how they are all doing and ask any questions needed. I highly recommend them.

Will let you all know how they are and once i have seen them what the quarantine centre is like.

Cheers all again, nice to know there are others out there as dedicated to their animals and about to embark on the decision of all decisions .......it makes me feel quite reassured.

Kate
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Smudgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

To help put your minds at ease the Melbourne quarantine station & staff are fantastic. They really do care about their jobs & realise that they are dealing with some of the most precious treasures in the world (As Im sure you would agree ) I flew out my 2 cats at the start of the year, I left the UK before them so a mate took them to Heathrow. I got a sms saying all was Ok & they were on their way.

2 days later I called spotswood & asked how they were, both had survived the journey but one was not eating or drinking ! the staff asked what her fav food was & said they would call me if she didnt eat the following day, she didnt eat or drink so they called & said I should go down the following day to see if a familiar face would do the trick & get her to eat. I didnt sleep well that night so I was at the gates of spotswood first thing. The 1 1/2 journey seemed so long.

The cats were housed in a new clean block with 4 or 5 cages ( Roughly 2m x 4m) in each air cond room. They have a mobile cat house & mat in each cage but no toys [TIP: Put your animals favourite toy in with them for the journey just check that it isnt made out of any banned materials eg feathers etc] As soon as I walked in to the room my tabby cat was at the cage door meowing with joy at seeing a friendly face but smudge was hiding in the cat house. After 1/2 hour of talking to her she finally came out, she looked like Sh*t, sad sad eyes, skinny with matted fur, even more scared than usual it brought a tear to my eyes at the sight of her.

I then tried to feed her fav fresh chicken breast, she eventually had a very tiny morsal. It was then time to go but the staff said that they would try 2morrow to hand feed her. I left with a heavy heart but did feel a bit better as they had survived the journey & that the staff were really helpful.

To cut the story short (as I should be working )she didnt eat from the staff so I then had a daily drive to spotswood [due to smudge being on the edge they allowed me to visit mon to fri every day ] After 30 days I had to give the staff a box of choc to say thanks & The girls are now living healthy & happy lifes at home with us. See pic I havent managed to convince smudge that going after a cocky double her size is a bad idea yet though !

Hopefully although it was difficult you can see how good the staff are & dont worry, they really will look after your little darlings
Attached Thumbnails Pets Fly In The Morning-ill-get-you-one-day-.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:18 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Hi guys

Kate
Our two cats are currently residing at Perth quarantine!

They seem very well looked after and as happy as can be expected when they are unable to laze around outside. We get to and visit and give them a brush.

The whole process doesn't seem to have fazed them in the slightest.

Please don't worry they will be happier in the long run.

Anyone bringing animals to Perth and wanting to live in the Northern suburbs get ready for a bloody long trip to see them - it takes forever and wastes at least half a day coupled with the fact that visiting times are not conduicive to avoiding Perth rush hour!

Max
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

See pic I havent managed to convince smudge that going after a cocky double her size is a bad idea yet though !

That's an issue. Our Jack Russell hasn't yet realised there's a few nasties here that can bite back! Still thinks she's in Blighty (except for the heat) and that she has the upper hand!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:35 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Smudgo
Hi All

To help put your minds at ease the Melbourne quarantine station & staff are fantastic. They really do care about their jobs & realise that they are dealing with some of the most precious treasures in the world (As Im sure you would agree )
Totally agree - our two cats came in to Melbourne via Spotswood in August. The staff were really lovely & very understanding about how we felt about it all. We were allowed to visit 3 times a week, and could stay for as long as we liked.

The cat pens are great: have heating/cooling, comfy cat beds, loads of choice of foods (they get a 'buffet' in their pen) and litter trays that are changed very frequenlty. Very nice & clean in there - no 'cat effluent' smells! There was a chair in our cats' pen, so I could take a book or some work, go in & sit there with both on my lap, which was great.

You can take in foody treats for them and extra bedding etc (I bought them some fake sheepskins & fake fur rugs, so that when they came home they had something 'familiar' to sleep on).

Good luck OP - I'm sure your pets will be fine - I was just as worried about it as you, so know just how you feel!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anya4oz
You can take in foody treats for them and extra bedding etc (I bought them some fake sheepskins & fake fur rugs, so that when they came home they had something 'familiar' to sleep on).

Cheers,
Anya.
Do you think, they will alow me to set up my ironing board in the pen!!! My two cats have knitted blankets a cat bed etc etc, but they both always end up sleeping on my ironing board! Cant imagine anything more uncomfortable.

And I took one of them to the vets yesterday for a booster injection, it's only a 5-10 minute drive, he got so scared in his cat box on the way there he had a little number 2 accident, I worry how he is going to cope cooped up in a box for the trip over to Australia. I was nearly in tears listening to his meows just on the way to the vets!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.