Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PetAir Pet Relocation

PetAir Pet Relocation

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice
Default PetAir Pet Relocation

Has anyone used PetAir? We will be bringing two cats with us and PetAir have provided a good service so far with info etc. Just wanted to know if anyone has used them and has anything good/bad to say about them.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PetAir Pet Relocation

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560244
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564542
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549549
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546806
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Thanks for that and I had been through them. Of the four threads, there are only oblique mentions of PetAir about 4 times and one of those is a proposal to use without a follow-up and one is to Canada. Was just hoping a direct question may elicit a more direct response.

Grateful for your effort in the search though!!

Best wishes
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, thought I'd seen a few positive posts about them and their service.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

The ones in there are and I think we are going with them but I just wanted to check. Not worried about self, SWMBO and daughter but if anything happens to the two cats..............

Thanks again!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Has anyone used PetAir? We will be bringing two cats with us and PetAir have provided a good service so far with info etc. Just wanted to know if anyone has used them and has anything good/bad to say about them.

Thanks
Have a couple of pets ,cat and a dog to fly to Sydney in the not to distant
future, so will be keeping an eye out myself for info on PetAir.The good
thing i will say is that not a bad word has been said on BE so thats good
petAir have been around a while now, my tomcat is on the large side anyway hope petAir dont charge by the pound.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

PetAir so far have been great SWMBO had a 25 min conversation with them both on taking out and, just in case it doesn't work out, bringing them back. They were really helpful. So, as I have said, I guess the decision is made but just wanted to be sure. Good luck with your move!!

Cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Will ring them myself in the morning uk to make arrangements
for my two

Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

Hi,

we plan to ship over 2 cats from the UK too. We have contacted a couple of agents and they seem to be charging about £2000 for the pair of them (for everything). We do love them to bits and will definitely be taking them with us but 2 grand does seem like an awful lot - does this fee seem about right to you?

Thanks.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi

PetAir have quoted about £1700 for their "gold" service excluding anything in Oz. So £2k seems a little high. I would suggest giving PetAir a call or an e mail. They came back very quickly to us and, as I said above, gave SWMBO a free consultation as well. I think Louise spoke to Bob who is one of the Directors and a vet.

Good luck with it!