Reload this Page >

Pet travel companies

Pet travel companies

Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

jadeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet travel companies

Hi there

Does anyone know of our used any good pet travel companies to take their dogs to australia..

I have searched the internet n came across a few but I don't know of anybody who has actually took their pets abroad and worried incase the company i pick isn't a genuine, great company..

We will be transferring him from scotland.

Thanks

j
x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:47 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet travel companies

Originally Posted by jadeen
Hi there

Does anyone know of our used any good pet travel companies to take their dogs to australia..

I have searched the internet n came across a few but I don't know of anybody who has actually took their pets abroad and worried incase the company i pick isn't a genuine, great company..

We will be transferring him from scotland.

Thanks

j
x
My cousin used Airpets based at Heathrow and said they did a good job so thats who I'll be using as it's the most convenient for me.

However I have read alot of great things about Golden Arrow (who I would use but they're based a little far away from me). They dont have a website but if you do a forum search I think you will find their number. They are much smaller and more personal than Airpets and the like so I think thats why alot of people choose them.

Hope that helps-the doggy bit is one of the most stressful parts and it certainly helps to like and trust your shippers
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi J we used pettravel, a Dunfermline based company who were excellent and not too pricey. They have a website, and email address is [email protected] Indie arrived with us in Brisbane on the 2nd June and is just fine. They arranged everything including onward travel from Sydney to Brisbane. Hope this helps.

Donna & Neil
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:22 am
Just Joined

jadeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Pet travel companies

Hi thanks for replying - i have seen airpets on the internet, will obtain a quote from them, thanx.

I am waiting on pettravel gettin back to me with a quote. Good to hear from people who have used companies - just worried about him during the flight and like to know he's in good hands..

Thanks again..
j
xx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:26 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

When I booked a place for my cat at Perth (Byford) quarantine kennels, the woman said that most pets from the UK come to them via Airpets and that they like dealing with them. That sounded good to me - we're going with Airpets.

Gina
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

hi, im using pinehawk shippers from newmarket. so far very helpful.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tony s
hi, im using pinehawk shippers from newmarket. so far very helpful.

Hi there

I'm using Arbuckle Smith (from Paisley in Glasgow).

They have been great! Much cheaper than anybody else. Snoopy leaves on Monday via the BA cargo hold (bless him!).

The downside is that they only arrange the travel of the dog - they dont take to deal with any of the permits.

We done all that part ourselves.

It looked challenging - however we got there in the end!!!!
Laura
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi do you know of any companies in the north east we live in durham and are heading to cairns. how early did you start to plan. we have 2 dogs. do you know if the dogs can be sedated to travel our eldest dog hates travelling.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Hiya

we're using jets4pets they were £500 cheaper for two dogs than airpets.
For more info check out www.aqis.gov.au they have details on what jabs needed etc etc.

by the way you won't be able to sedate the dog for the journey, but it should be fine. The hold is dark and heated so it'll probably just sleep

Olias