pet shipping

Old May 20th 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default pet shipping

hi there,i will be moving from scotland to perth in a few months time,
just had a price for shipping my dog,3,133.00,i got a estimate over a
year ago which was 2,100.00,i know the shipping costs have gone up
over the last year but feel i'm being ripped off,i think this is a bit much
for one dog albeit, he is farely large{italian spinone}
anyone had a more expensive quote.
anyone recommend shippers from scotland
thanks
martin
Old May 20th 2005, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pet shipping

Originally Posted by fitz
thanks
martin
Hi Martin

I don't know about firms in Scotland, but we have had a quote from Par Air in Essex and to ship our little dog ( Lhasa Apso) they have quoted £1050. I know that they do collect from all round the country.

John.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jond
Hi Martin

I don't know about firms in Scotland, but we have had a quote from Par Air in Essex and to ship our little dog ( Lhasa Apso) they have quoted £1050. I know that they do collect from all round the country.

John.
hi john,thanks,i'll give them a go.
Old May 20th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

hi john,thanks,i'll give them a go.
Hi,We used par air and they were very good,we have a big dog,(weimaraner) and he cost us £2600 this includes all the paper work and final checks from the vet, this dosen't include the Blood test that have to be done prior, 28days, to the dog leaving.

But we did have to pay an additional $744 for boarding at eastern creek...
The quote from par air was the cheapest by far...,hope this info helps.

Have you been told not to give your dog the yearly booster with the lepto jab included as this will stop the dog traveling as it will show a positive result on the blood tests.
Old May 20th 2005, 10:27 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Hi,We used par air and they were very good,we have a big dog,(weimaraner) and he cost us £2600 this includes all the paper work and final checks from the vet, this dosen't include the Blood test that have to be done prior, 28days, to the dog leaving.

But we did have to pay an additional $744 for boarding at eastern creek...
The quote from par air was the cheapest by far...,hope this info helps.

Have you been told not to give your dog the yearly booster with the lepto jab included as this will stop the dog traveling as it will show a positive result on the blood tests.
We are shipping Bernese Mountain Dog out with Par Air, Essex. It will be costing us £3011.00 and that includes everything except boarding the other end in Perth. Hope this helps

Jayne
Old May 21st 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Hi

Try to DIY you will save yourself a lot of money and it's not that hard. Do a search there is lots to help you.

Jane
Old May 21st 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Hi

Try to DIY you will save yourself a lot of money and it's not that hard. Do a search there is lots to help you.

Jane

I was contemplating this yesterday ....... I presume you're going down this route yourself? At the end of the day how much are you actually saving if you don't mind me asking? And which airline are you using?
Old May 21st 2005, 8:49 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

thanks
martin
I think the reason your quote has gone up so much is, according to our agent, the airlines have recently doubled their fares for live cargo... We don't think we can justify £3000 to ship our GSD to Oz, as much as we love him, and as much as we'd love to take him, 3 grand is a shedload of cash!

Sonic
Old May 21st 2005, 9:24 am
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

Pets can be a usefull food source in emergencies. I suggest that you don't let them out of your sight.

Old May 21st 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SonicBird
I think the reason your quote has gone up so much is, according to our agent, the airlines have recently doubled their fares for live cargo... We don't think we can justify £3000 to ship our GSD to Oz, as much as we love him, and as much as we'd love to take him, 3 grand is a shedload of cash!

Sonic
hi there,i can see where you're coming from ,i have thought about leaving
him myself but he's only five so i expect to get at least another five years
out of him,i know if i was to leave him and find him another home i would
always regret it,it's not a lot when you put in into the context of their
life expectancy ,i would probably have serious doubts if i had an old dog,
not just cost, the journey also,i'm sure there are people who have taken
older pets as well, as they are part of the family,it's a difficult descision
to make.
i've had my pr visa for over two years and put off moving because we had
an old spaniel who we didn't feel would be up to the journey,she was deaf,diabetic and blind and it would'nt have been fair on her.
we sadly lost her last month but can now plan our move.
martin.
Old May 21st 2005, 9:50 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

to make.
an old spaniel who we didn't feel would be up to the journey,she was deaf,diabetic and blind and it would'nt have been fair on her.
martin.
Our GSD is 6 - but I can see him living till he's about 20!!!! I'm sure when it comes to the crunch we'll find the cash!!! After all who'd want to leave behind a 37kg attention seeking, dribbling, bin-scavenging, permanently malting, postman scaring, letter-eating, four-legged sh*t machine.... hmmmmm, now let me see?!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 11:49 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

to make.
martin.
Hi we are using Dunfermline pet travel services to ship our dog poppy as they have been recommended to us by 2 people. Poppy is costing 1700 pounds (she's a collie x) plus vet costs and quarantine costs so we are looking at approx 2200 pounds all in.
If you want their contact details let me know!

Lynn
Old May 21st 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi we are using Dunfermline pet travel services to ship our dog poppy as they have been recommended to us by 2 people. Poppy is costing 1700 pounds (she's a collie x) plus vet costs and quarantine costs so we are looking at approx 2200 pounds all in.
If you want their contact details let me know!

Lynn
hi lynn,that's who gave us our quote,i thought it
was a bit much,i've received another quote from
golden arrow shippers £2663.00 considerably
cheaper.
they've had good reports so i think it pays to shop around,
i'm not the stingy type but i hate the idea of getting ripped off.
martin.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:29 pm

hi lynn,that's who gave us our quote,i thought it
was a bit much,i've received another quote from
golden arrow shippers £2663.00 considerably
cheaper.
they've had good reports so i think it pays to shop around,
i'm not the stingy type but i hate the idea of getting ripped off.
martin.
I though GA won't come up and pick your dog up though? I don't mind driving to Dunfermline but wouldn't want to put Poppy through that kind of drive way down South. I am quite happy with our 1700 quote - it was what I was expecting comparing with others who have had quotes from GA. I am also reasurred as my Aunt and Uncle used Dunfermline pet travel services and Blade their dog at the time got there in one piece! 'Logan' who also posts on this forum used them to fly her 3 cats and they are all OK too.

Lynn
Old May 21st 2005, 2:30 pm

Is it just me? - i'm absolutely terrified that Poppy might not survive the flight - she is only 5 and we got her from the cat and dog home (SSPCA) - being a collie x she is quite excitable and i'm so worried that she might get over anxious on the flight, salivate with fear then become dehydrated. She is fine day to day but she salivates when in the car as she dosen't really like it - she used to be very carsick but has improved recently. I am also worried how she would cope being put in a crate for the 24 hours - she will probably bark constantly - i'm worried that with the heat she could overheat. The story a few weeks ago of a collie dying on a BA flight to Australia of dehydration has done nothing to help me either - I just can't leave her behind but i'm becoming so upset worrying about how scared she will be with all the plane noises and being in the crate - what does everyone else think?

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.