Pet Insurance

Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet Insurance

Hi there

Does anyone know of any decent Pet Insurance company's in Oz?

Also, would we be able to insure him from the day we arrive, even though we wont have a permanent address immediately?

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:40 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Insurance

http://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

We use Petplan and have claimed from them with no problems.

They seemed to offer the best compromise of price and cover when we looked into it.

Be very careful and make sure you are getting the cover you think you are getting as the cover offered seemed to vary widely between companies.

Vets over here certainly know how to charge.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

www.bowwow.com.au..much cheaper than the others and they guarentee to insure your dog for lie..no matter the age just as long as you start to insure them under a certain age.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I found out the hard way that Pet Insurance is a GOOD idea.

My cat managed to wreck his cruciate ligament on his back paw and do other knee damage. The final bill including x-rays, surgery, treatment etc etc was $3300 - all for a 4 year-old bad tempered moggie. [Yes euthanasia and a new kitten would be much, much cheaper but I just couldn't do it - until the next time..]
Old Nov 10th 2010, 5:23 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Pet Insurance

The RSPCA and the BOWWOW insurance seem to be the same policy....

BB
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

We insured ours with Petplan to be insured from the day they landed. There's plenty of insurers who add animals to home contents etc for a small fee, but no idea of the level of cover. Petplans is good level of cover for 2 pedigree cats at $54 a month. Not cheap, but comparable to what I paid in the UK for them.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikiL
We insured ours with Petplan to be insured from the day they landed. There's plenty of insurers who add animals to home contents etc for a small fee, but no idea of the level of cover. Petplans is good level of cover for 2 pedigree cats at $54 a month. Not cheap, but comparable to what I paid in the UK for them.
Thanks for that, i have been looking at Petplan and the cover does look good!

Did you need a permanent address for the insurance?

Our dog lands a week before us (but like you we would ideally like him to be insured from the day he lands) and we have a holiday let booked for 3 weeks until we can find something more permanent!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

My dog's insured with Pet insurance Australia for accident & illness. I found them the most competitive quote although I have had to claim yet.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuilePaul
Thanks for that, i have been looking at Petplan and the cover does look good!

Did you need a permanent address for the insurance?

Our dog lands a week before us (but like you we would ideally like him to be insured from the day he lands) and we have a holiday let booked for 3 weeks until we can find something more permanent!
I think we used the holiday let address (had one for 5 weeks when we landed), best bet is to stay up one night and give them a call - that's what I ended up doing with a lot of things!