Reload this Page >

Pet Friendly Rental Property

Pet Friendly Rental Property

Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

weemster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet Friendly Rental Property

Hi,

We are currently planning our relocation to Melbourne and wondered what other peoples experiences were with regards to finding pet friendly rented
accomodation ?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice
Default Re: Pet Friendly Rental Property

I have just started researching suburbs and we are looking to spend 350-400 per week on rental, so areas currently in our budget include Point Cook in the west, Ferntree Gully in the West and Sunbury in the North.
From what I can see online the newer areas, like Point Cook, where the houses are large but gardens are small, ads seem to always stipulate "no pets"
On the other hand in a place like Sunbury, where there are older houses and bigger gardens, only a few of the ads say no pets.
Just was I have surmised from the net.
Any locals have any input?

BTW when are you moving? We are heading over this summer
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

weemster is an unknown quantity at this point

We are coming over at the end of the year. So much to do - I notice you are a .NET techy too !

Last edited by weemster; Mar 16th 2010 at 2:27 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

berkandmath is an unknown quantity at this point

looking on gumtree or domain.com.. it lets you browse property with an option for pet friendly property
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Perth and have had a right job trying to get a short term rental until our furniture arrives. Most have been no pets or she is allowed but not in the house. So we have had to book her into a local kennels after quarantine. Feel really cruel as when we pick her up from quarantine we will be taking straight to another kennels, she won't know if she's coming or going, but at least we will be living close by and can take her out for walks. I'm just worried now about being able to get a long term rental that allows dogs when we get ther.