Pet Export

Old Jan 24th 2005, 8:43 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Export

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
ps, trying to talk hubby in to letting us take cat too. She was a present to me and born on my 16th birthday, she's coming up for 9 so is getting middle aged mardiness at present and she's not very forgiving. Wer also have relatives that would have her if needs be. She's called Sassy, what with that being her name and Cassie being the dogs name, I'm bound to get forms wrong cos they get called each others names now! I named the cat and the dog was named when we got her, too cruel to change names when they're used to them so we put up with the confusion.

aww i am going to cry poor cassie, at least she has nice loving parents now, it makes me feel sick the way people can treat dogs, how can they do it??? They must be so evil and sick......

Cassie will love to be in Aus and you have to take her with you no matter what.

I know its awful, but i keep on telling myself its better for her to do this for 30 days than for me to rehome her and risk her going to someone like Cassies old owner or worse, i wold never forgive myself!
So we are defo doing the right thing!

laura
x
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:37 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzy a
Hi Lynn

We are from Glasgow too and will be going over to Australia hopefully in August. We are planning to use Golden Arrow to ship our 8 year old Tibetan Terrier to Melbourne. When are you planning to travel??

Suzy
We are planning to move in november as haven't even though about selling house yet so timescale wise I think any sooner would be overly optimistic. I am just about to submit visa application in next week as soon as I have all my employment statements - and I have my medicals booked for the 3rd of Feb (we are frontloading as I am a nurse)

So are you going to drive your dog down to GA?

We are planning to go to Brisbane.

Where in gla are you from? I am from Springburn (brought up in Bishopbriggs originally)

Lynn
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:58 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
We are planning to move in november as haven't even though about selling house yet so timescale wise I think any sooner would be overly optimistic. I am just about to submit visa application in next week as soon as I have all my employment statements - and I have my medicals booked for the 3rd of Feb (we are frontloading as I am a nurse)

So are you going to drive your dog down to GA?

We are planning to go to Brisbane.

Where in gla are you from? I am from Springburn (brought up in Bishopbriggs originally)

Lynn

Hi

I am in tears (again) latest news is that GA will pick up Montu, but only on the friday or sat before her flight, and for a charge of £225!!!!!!! I cannot beleive this, i feel like we are getting stung and we have no other option now as we have our flights all booked an no-one to take her there. I am gutted now as she will be with my parents for 5 nights then with GA for 5 nights and then on the plane and into quarentine....i feel so guilty, God i wish there was another way!!!!

PS i wont be able to afford a car or even a home at this rate!!!!

laura
xxx
Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

I am in tears (again) latest news is that GA will pick up Montu, but only on the friday or sat before her flight, and for a charge of £225!!!!!!! I cannot beleive this, i feel like we are getting stung and we have no other option now as we have our flights all booked an no-one to take her there. I am gutted now as she will be with my parents for 5 nights then with GA for 5 nights and then on the plane and into quarentine....i feel so guilty, God i wish there was another way!!!!

PS i wont be able to afford a car or even a home at this rate!!!!

laura
xxx
Thats awful Laura - very expensive. How far are GA having to drive Montu?

I had an e-mail off a guy who basically told me to organise everything myself and save a fortune - like you though I feel that I will have too much on my plate without worrying about getting Poppy there too - Are you annoyed at GA - why did they not tell you that before?

Lynn
ps if anyone wants a copy of the e-mail then PM me your e-mail address as he gave me very useful info on how to organise it yourself and it sounds pretty straight forward.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:59 pm

I had an e-mail off a guy who basically told me to organise everything myself and save a fortune - like you though I feel that I will have too much on my plate without worrying about getting Poppy there too - Are you annoyed at GA - why did they not tell you that before?

Lynn
ps if anyone wants a copy of the e-mail then PM me your e-mail address as he gave me very useful info on how to organise it yourself and it sounds pretty straight forward.

oh its a nightmare, maybe if you can get organised early yes do it yourself. How much would it cost if you did it yourself, if you will save more than £500 i would defo try and do it yourself, just dont leave everything till last minute like us.

Tell you what GA must be RAKIN it in!

laura
x
Old Jan 24th 2005, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

suzy a is an unknown quantity at this point

oh its a nightmare, maybe if you can get organised early yes do it yourself. How much would it cost if you did it yourself, if you will save more than £500 i would defo try and do it yourself, just dont leave everything till last minute like us.

Tell you what GA must be RAKIN it in!

laura
x
Hi Laura

I spoke to Golden Arrow today re my dog. They said my dog would have to stay with them for 3 nights before his flight to get him used to his pet crate and get him ready for his trip. Why does Montu have to stay with them for 5 days??

Suzy
Old Jan 24th 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn
i'd really like that email lynn since i intend to diy my own airedales. i know its like being an overbearing mother but i need to get them used to the box, take them to the airline, get their papers sorted all myself. plus, like you say, save a fortune. thanks
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by suzy a
Hi Laura

I spoke to Golden Arrow today re my dog. They said my dog would have to stay with them for 3 nights before his flight to get him used to his pet crate and get him ready for his trip. Why does Montu have to stay with them for 5 days??

Suzy

Suzy

because GA are saying that they can only pick her up on the friday or sat and she doesnt fly till the tuesday 8th, so would be 3 or 4 nights (4 or 5 days)that she has to stay, hopefully they will come and get her on the sat, then its only 3. (sorry i counted wrong).

Shropshire to Teesside is about a four hour drive, for montu to be picked up.

I wish that we could drop her off there, but we go to Melbourne on the 30th Jan, THIS SUNDAY ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

LAURA
X
Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

Hi all

We are taking our border collie BLUE and have had a quote from Golden Arrow for £2300. The thing is we are so worried as he has epilepsy and our concern is that he may fit in the crate. He has about 1 fit a month and they started june 2004, GA have told us that they have sent other dogs with this problem and that their medication is given before the flight but they cannot be sedated on the flight. Has anyone else sent an epileptic dog to oz.

sally

By the way what is this Karma thing and can I get any.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

red back is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have an appointment tomorrow at the vets with my 12 year old dog (maverick). Gonna get him checked out medically to see if he is fit enough to handle the flight etc.. Our vet is also an expert on pet export, any good advice i get from i him will post to this thread.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ovenater
Hi all

We are taking our border collie BLUE and have had a quote from Golden Arrow for £2300. The thing is we are so worried as he has epilepsy and our concern is that he may fit in the crate. He has about 1 fit a month and they started june 2004, GA have told us that they have sent other dogs with this problem and that their medication is given before the flight but they cannot be sedated on the flight. Has anyone else sent an epileptic dog to oz.

sally

Hi
You must be very worried about Blue - I guess you have to just get them to give his medicine like GA have said. How unwell does he become after one of these seizures - does he not just sleep for a while after? (I am a nurse and I am just thinking of how humans normally react!)

It will be worth it to have hime there in Australia with you.

p.s Have sent you some karma - go to 'my profile' at the top of your screen and click on that - you can then view who has sent you karma. If you want to send karma back to anyone just click the blue karma box below that persons poat and leave a short message (don't forget to put your name or it becomes anon karma!!!) Once so many people give you karma you get a blue box below your user name.

Lynn
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:19 am

Suzy

because GA are saying that they can only pick her up on the friday or sat and she doesnt fly till the tuesday 8th, so would be 3 or 4 nights (4 or 5 days)that she has to stay, hopefully they will come and get her on the sat, then its only 3. (sorry i counted wrong).

Shropshire to Teesside is about a four hour drive, for montu to be picked up.

I wish that we could drop her off there, but we go to Melbourne on the 30th Jan, THIS SUNDAY ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

LAURA
X
Laura I can't believe its Sunday you go!!!!! Will you be back on lie to tell us how you and JC are settling once you get there!!? We also want a report about how Montu got on with the flight when she finally arrives!

Lynn
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:54 pm

Laura I can't believe its Sunday you go!!!!! Will you be back on lie to tell us how you and JC are settling once you get there!!? We also want a report about how Montu got on with the flight when she finally arrives!

Lynn

yes we have taken our pc and its at heathrow now waiting to be flown out for us, ill go on line straight away, and i'll be sure to give you a blow by blow account of montu (thats if i havent had an heart attach from the worry before she gets here) I will probley be in a worse state than her at this rate!!!!

I will be in Melly on 3rd Feb, montu will still be at my parents house then, but when she gets picked up by GA, thats when i'll be havin sleepless nights etc.....till i see her cute little face again, God i'm gonna cry!!!!

Lynn PM me your email address so i can mail you aswell.

laura
xxx
Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:01 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

yes we have taken our pc and its at heathrow now waiting to be flown out for us, ill go on line straight away, and i'll be sure to give you a blow by blow account of montu (thats if i havent had an heart attach from the worry before she gets here) I will probley be in a worse state than her at this rate!!!!

I will be in Melly on 3rd Feb, montu will still be at my parents house then, but when she gets picked up by GA, thats when i'll be havin sleepless nights etc.....till i see her cute little face again, God i'm gonna cry!!!!

Lynn PM me your email address so i can mail you aswell.

laura
xxx
Laura,

Good luck mate,

I've PM'd you.

D D
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ovenater
Hi all

sally

i've spoken to our vet about our mollie dog who is also epileptic. she has barely noticeable fits but the aftermath is horrendous and leaves her entirely debilitated for days. we have to keep her medicated to avoid the fits just because of the aftermath. he was very reassuring and said fits are more likely when a dog is very relaxed so the stress is unlikely to cause extra problems. he said, so long as she has had her meds there is no extra risk. i know its slightly different for you because your dog seems to have them so frequently. i wish you luck and hope blue is ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.