British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pet Export (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pet-export-277029/)

Professional Princess Jan 12th 2005 12:52 pm

Pet Export

To those needing contact details of pet export, quarantine, government websites on requirements, here are some addresses you might find useful.

Par Air Livestock Shipping Services
Tel: 01206 33 03 32
www.parair.co.uk

Animal Airlines
Tel: 0870 833 80 20

Ladyhaye International Pet Travel Agents
Tel: 01342 832 161
www.ladyhaye.co.uk

www.moggies.co.uk

www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine

www.petplanet.co.uk

www.affa.gov.au

toocheeky Jan 12th 2005 1:55 pm

Re: Pet Export

Wow, thanks Sam for this. :)

I already have a couple of quotes from other companys (to export my golden retriever to Oz) but Ill check out the ones you list.

Thanks,
Karen
xx

Professional Princess Jan 12th 2005 2:06 pm

The government one is the best to check out for the latest pet export requirements.

If you follow the Aussi link, you can chk out the aussie quarantine stations.

ad4ozz Jan 12th 2005 5:20 pm

how much for golden retriever then to fly?

RogerUK Jan 12th 2005 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Expect around £2500 plus quarantine.

toocheeky Jan 12th 2005 6:05 pm

.......£2336. ( :eek: I know! :rolleyes: :D )

And theres another $260 on top of that for 30 days quarantine. This is the cheapest quote Ive had but its a bit dated now (06/09/04) so Ill have some more done as soon as we get visas.

Btw the quote is from Golden Arrow Shippers, they dont have a website/email addy but their contact details are....

Golden Arrow Shippers,
Lydbury North,
Shropshire,
SY7 8DY

Tel no 01 588 680 240

They have a good reputation. :)

Hope this helps!

Karen

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

toocheeky Jan 12th 2005 6:06 pm

You beat me to it! ;)

Originally Posted by RogerUK
Expect around £2500 plus quarantine.

katyjoy Jan 12th 2005 11:01 pm

WE have successfully exported 2 cats and our beloved dalmatian.

We used Golden Arrow shippers, who were by far the cheapes quote wise but were excellent. We checked them out big time before using them and they do come highly recommended on this forum and by ME :)

Now who wans to know the price....????

£2770 for all three then you need to add on the quarantine cost when you get them out of quarantine. All in all it cost us about £3000 or just over.

The pets are all happy and well adjusted and loving it, especially the sun....using lots of suncream on the dog.......

It is worth it but you will need to budget, i couldn't of left my babies as i haven't any children (yet) and these are my children and i am an animal freak.

For all of you worrying about how they cope with the journey, don't they tend to sleep. I know that i was very worried as 1 of the cats is a rescue cat that the dog, bein a dalmatian, naturally mardy! they all managed and even coped with quarantine.

any questions anyone may have about my experience feel free to ask. I would do it again.

Kate

Larissa Jan 12th 2005 11:55 pm

We self shipped and saved a packet. Deffra are great for explaining what to do and our moggy flew with Quantas, with a change of plane in Singapore. You need to get a government approved vet; once you have one it's pretty simple. The quarantine ladies in Perth (Byford) are brilliant. So... don't let excessive charges from the shipping company put you off taking your pet, it may work out much cheaper than you've been quoted. A search for "Fogmeisters" threads may also help, unfortunately I haven't got a lot of info at my fingertips as hubby has deleted a huge chunk of our C drive :(

Lorraine Bryan Jan 13th 2005 1:02 am

:eek: Oh My God!!! Please tell me it is never that much to ship pets to OZ. £3000 average including quarantine??? Not looking forward to telling hubby that in the morning, may wait till the weekend after several :beer: :beer: , it's an expensive business emigrating.

worzel Jan 13th 2005 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Lorraine Bryan
:eek: Oh My God!!! Please tell me it is never that much to ship pets to OZ. £3000 average including quarantine??? Not looking forward to telling hubby that in the morning, may wait till the weekend after several :beer: :beer: , it's an expensive business emigrating.

We are working on just under £1000 per cat. So I would have thought $3000 rather than £3000???

suzy a Jan 13th 2005 5:30 pm

Hi there Kate!

We are still waiting to hear if we have got our visas but one of the things worrying me most is will our dog cope with the trip and quarantine!!?? :eek:

He is 8 years old and a Tibetan Terrier, he is very quiet and very very pampered, he has never been in kennels before and only stayed with my mum when we have been on holiday.

I wanted to ask which quarantine station did you have to use and did you go and visit your dog and cats - if you did how did you get on??? We are going to Adelaide and the nearest quarantine station is Melbourne so we will have to travel to see our dog if we want to. Did you provide them with your own bedding/toys and treats??

As you have guessed I am pretty stressed about this already!! :scared:
Hope you can help

Suzy

Lorraine Bryan Jan 13th 2005 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
We are working on just under £1000 per cat. So I would have thought $3000 rather than £3000???

Dunno worzel :confused: because the other posts in this thread are talking in £££ rather than $$$ but I will certainly look into it

Lorraine

Ozger Jan 14th 2005 10:16 pm

We got our "Heinz" from the RSPCA in Cardiff in 1999 for 40 quid....moved to the US in 2001 and shipped him out there (no quarantine) for 600 quid all in, then moved to Melbourne in August last year and flew him here which cost us $2500, then another $900 for 40 days in jail. He got out last Sunday :D

I'm surprised at how many people who suggested we just "leave him behind" in both the UK and the US! Worth every penny.

Ozger Jan 14th 2005 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ozger
We got our "Heinz" from the RSPCA in Cardiff in 1999 for 40 quid....moved to the US in 2001 and shipped him out there (no quarantine) for 600 quid all in, then moved to Melbourne in August last year and flew him here which cost us $2500, then another $900 for 40 days in jail. He got out last Sunday :D

I'm surprised at how many people who suggested we just "leave him behind" in both the UK and the US! Worth every penny.

I should clarify...the $2500 was US, the $900 AU.

He's 8 and coped with the flight no problem....he is a frequent flier though!