Perth Wineries

Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default Perth Wineries

Hi does anyone know if any of the supermarkets of off-licences here in the UK stock Australian wines from Perth .....just interested as we want to get a taste for it before we leave
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Perth Wineries

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
Hi does anyone know if any of the supermarkets of off-licences here in the UK stock Australian wines from Perth .....just interested as we want to get a taste for it before we leave
Not sure about bottle shops & supermarkets, but you could try these guys.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Wineries

These guys do but only one.

http://www.tesco.com/winestore/contr...70002&Ne=60371

With these guys just type in your postcode.

http://www.palandri.co.uk/?doc=9

and I buy a lot of wine from these guys, they also have a couple.

http://www.sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk...rture&mrc=YL53
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Wow... i admire your laid back atitude if this is one of your main concerns... you should fit right in. It seems pretty difficult to get Wine from the Margret River or Swan river areas in the UK, from those that i have tried they were very pleasent... some people say the reason you cannot find it in the Uk is that it is so good they prefer to keep it to themselves!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:38 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

I've actually found a local supermarket to me called Booths, They have some really different wines from Aust, Can even find one from just up the road from my MIL in Tasmania. Nice wine it is to.
Have a look they actually do mail order on there wine!

http://www.booths-wines.co.uk/

Hope this helps and try the Tassie wine its lovely!!!
Regards
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Always used to get loads of different WA wines from Oddbins in London, not sure if they are nationwide...very nice wines from Voyager Estate!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

i managed to track down a supplier of western oz wine too after much hunting the guy now recognises me when i walk in the door
Spent a lovely day on brothers boat going down/up (?) the Swan river few years back stopping at a couple of vineyards on the way there and back - good job i wasnt driving the boat
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

From memory you could buy Margaret River wines in either Tesco or Sainsbury but I know they were quite expensive

I wouldnt bother myself, get yourselves over here then spend a couple of weekends going round the different wineries in Swan Valley and Margaret River, they all do free tastings
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of WA wines are from the Margaret River area. I have bought some Margaret River wines from Majestic in the past though they do tend to be at the expensive end of the range.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi
We like WA wines:
Threshers and Sainsburys do WA wine, one is from Swings and Roundabouts and the other is called something to do with a fish, they are about 7 quid a bottle. Tescos are not too good on WA wine. Asda do a Kiss Chasey red and wine which is WA and is sale at just under 6 quid a bottle. Did find an Evans and Tate but cant recall where from, think M & S (big stores only) and it is 9 quid a bottle!!!! Wish I could find some WA clear skins Label-less Tate and Evans wine).
Why doesnt UK do clear skins like Oz????
(a clear skins is decent wine in Oz that has a plain label on and no company markings and is usually surplus wine to get sold off - and fab - about $4-5 a bottle instead of $15-20)
Cant wait to return and drink more!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

My OH buys a local clean skin chardonnay for about $7 or something and says it's the best he's ever tasted!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi
We like WA wines:
Threshers and Sainsburys do WA wine, one is from Swings and Roundabouts and the other is called something to do with a fish, they are about 7 quid a bottle. Tescos are not too good on WA wine. Asda do a Kiss Chasey red and wine which is WA and is sale at just under 6 quid a bottle. Did find an Evans and Tate but cant recall where from, think M & S (big stores only) and it is 9 quid a bottle!!!! Wish I could find some WA clear skins Label-less Tate and Evans wine).
Why doesnt UK do clear skins like Oz????
(a clear skins is decent wine in Oz that has a plain label on and no company markings and is usually surplus wine to get sold off - and fab - about $4-5 a bottle instead of $15-20)
Cant wait to return and drink more!!!
Madfish is the vineyard your talking about. If you contact the Wineries direct you may find that they will ship orders to the UK. You'll see when you live here that WA wine still arn't very cheap, most start from about $16 compared with maybe $9/10 from over East.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Santa
Madfish is the vineyard your talking about. If you contact the Wineries direct you may find that they will ship orders to the UK. You'll see when you live here that WA wine still arn't very cheap, most start from about $16 compared with maybe $9/10 from over East.
Yes, I agree they're not that cheap BUT I prefer to pay $15 a bottle that I know I will like than $7 from the bottle shop which usually ends up down the sink!!

I have a few favourites, Capel Vale Red Duck is nice, very light and refreshing, and Windance which is a small winery on Caves Road - they have some lovely reds.

We are going down to MR at Easter, cant wait
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:16 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
My OH buys a local clean skin chardonnay for about $7 or something and says it's the best he's ever tasted!
Woolworths had an offfer on shiraz and chardonnay cleanskins a few weeks ago - 6 bottles for $11.93. We have several boxes in the study!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Woolworths had an offfer on shiraz and chardonnay cleanskins a few weeks ago - 6 bottles for $11.93. We have several boxes in the study!
I thought Sam had drunk all of those

(sorry Sam )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.