Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth what is it like?

Perth what is it like?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:50 am
Just Joined

northeners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the rough
Default Perth what is it like?

Hi we are an english couple living in New Zealand and are thinking about moving to Perth could people tell us what the place is like and how the Ozzies are with the Poms. I believe the standard of living is pretty good. Mine is the main job and I am a Psychiatric Nurse any info for us would be great about Perth and the people and work my wife will be looking for a job aswell her field is usually youth offenders with behaviour problems
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth what is it like?

Originally Posted by northeners
Hi we are an english couple living in New Zealand and are thinking about moving to Perth could people tell us what the place is like and how the Ozzies are with the Poms. I believe the standard of living is pretty good. Mine is the main job and I am a Psychiatric Nurse any info for us would be great about Perth and the people and work my wife will be looking for a job aswell her field is usually youth offenders with behaviour problems
I had a penfriend in Paraparaumu when I was at school. Just thought I would share that
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:36 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

...and I have a friend who is that line of work here in Perth. I will be seeing her on Friday night, so if I remember, I'll try and get some info for you.

This might help for now:
- http://www.nursing.health.wa.gov.au/.../Graylands.pdf

- http://www.aifs.gov.au/acssa/researc...offenders.html

- http://www.dao.health.wa.gov.au/Inth...9/Default.aspx

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Nov 27th 2007 at 6:34 am.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

cabaj will become famous soon enoughcabaj will become famous soon enough

Hi Northeners - Perth is not for everyone as you may have gathered from various posts on here, but all our NZ friends here report that living in Perth is an upgrade from life in NZ! Bit warmer anyway! I have never been so cannot comment. Aussies are absolutely fine with the poms - we have not had one adverse comment in 4 years. Standard of living is good although becoming expensive - housing in particular. However, mortgage rates are lower than NZ which compensates somewhat. I think that in your line of work you will be fine and well paid. My neighbour two doors down is a psychiatrist who tells me that Perth is crying out for qualified people. He works weekends just to get to through his load of patients. Can't comment about your wife's prospects but don't imagine opporuntities would be any less than other places.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

friggin brill
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think half of NZ lives in Perth! There sure are plenty of Kiwis here. Big difference between NZ and Perth is that Australia is a 1st world country and NZ is not.

Aussies and Poms get on fine. Aussies and Kiwis are a different matter...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

We moved here last december and wouldnt change a thing, love the place love the people and never had any problems regarding poms and aussies.
Go for it, what you got to loose, Your called northerners , why, where in the UK were you from
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:33 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Why am i always drawn towards putting

It's shit don't come here

Not that i would of course!!!

Just wish sometimes......................

Joke!!!! No offence meant
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

I have found one disgruntled Aussie who had the following bumper sticker:-

A map of Australia with the words" ***** off we're full"

Obviously not one that agrees with the current immigration program
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

The weather is no different to NZ. Look here:-

http://www.abc.net.au/perth/weather/

Shocking weekend weather - I'm going to have to look for my coat again which I thought we wouldn't need for the next 6 months. At least the pool should get topped up a bit!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
I have found one disgruntled Aussie who had the following bumper sticker:-

A map of Australia with the words" ***** off we're full"

Obviously not one that agrees with the current immigration program
I've seen those stickers too, also 'if you don't like Australia, then ****off"

Straight to the point i guess.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I've seen those stickers too, also 'if you don't like Australia, then ****off"

Straight to the point i guess.
Oh that it could be that easy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:43 am
Just Joined

northeners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the rough

thanks guys but need more info
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

If I was you I'd look at qld also. Brisbane/gold coast much better than Perth and more to do.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Try doing a search of the forum. Perth has been discussed to death around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.