Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH/western AuSTRALIA

PERTH/western AuSTRALIA

Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

barb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PERTH/western AuSTRALIA

Please could you tell me what areas in and around Perth are the best to live in.We would like to be somewhere with a really good community spirit and work for my husband who is a landscape gardener,Im a beauty therapist but could always go freelance.Everywhere looks really great but are their areas to avoid? If not Perth, where on the west coast?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PERTH/western AuSTRALIA

There have been lots of threads recently very similar to your one. So many people moving to Perth!!!! Anyway, use the search button above and loads of threads will come up. I think it really depends on budget, how close to the beach etc you want to be.

Do you want North or South of the river. Have a wee think and a search but there are only a few areas my reserch has shown me to stay clear of! Good luck.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barb123
Please could you tell me what areas in and around Perth are the best to live in.We would like to be somewhere with a really good community spirit and work for my husband who is a landscape gardener,Im a beauty therapist but could always go freelance.Everywhere looks really great but are their areas to avoid? If not Perth, where on the west coast?
We moved North of the River - not regretted it, found a lovely house in Greenwood and love it.

Its right difficult to choose from the UK - looking at the map and asking lots of questions and not getting specific answers.

Find yourself a rental close to existing friends if you have any and take it from there. We drove around, checked out local stores, read the local papers (they list weekly crime reports by suburb), read the free property papers and info from REIWA.com.au with regards to historic prices etc.

What it boils down to - is where you can afford to rent/buy and what facilities are established in the suburb.

Good luck.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Theres lots of areas and about a million posts already on the subject, use the search function on the page.
I have lived in many different areas and to be honest none have had any sort of community feeling. Since the houses are so big and the streets spread out you really dont get to meet your neighbors much.
Deciding where to live more comes down to money and distance to travel to where you are working or studying to be honest.

Victoria park, morley, balcatta, clarkson have all been fine places for me
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by barb123
If you are after a good community spirit Perth Hills are to place to be. Suburbs such Kalamunda and Mundaring.