Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Weather in June

Perth Weather in June

Old May 1st 2007, 5:47 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth Weather in June

Hi there,

Just booked our validation trip for June. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like at that time.

Just want to know so I know what to pack

Thanks

Janine
Old May 1st 2007, 7:00 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Weather in June

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi there,

Just booked our validation trip for June. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like at that time.

Just want to know so I know what to pack

Thanks

Janine
I am not there yet but this is what my firends have said ....
An English summer.......sunshine and rain ( lots of it sometimes) and a bit chilly of a night. Temps about 16 -18 C.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:09 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
An English summer.......sunshine and rain ( lots of it sometimes) and a bit chilly of a night. Temps about 16 -18 C.
Cheers Issie
Old May 1st 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

aussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to allaussiegirl1970 is a name known to all

June is the beginning of winter and believe me it does get quite cold in the winter in Perth.
We had a fish pond in our garden and it was so cold one June night a few years back that our poor goldfish froze to death.

Just like the british weather though, Perth's winters seem to be starting later but getting colder through the years. It's not uncommon for the temperature to drop down to 1 or 2 degrees through the night.
But having said that during June the weather should still be quite mild. I don't think you will be needing big thick jackets but you will definatley need some warmer clothes (no bathers and sarongs in June!)

I was speaking to my mum yesterday (in Perth) and she was complaining that its starting to get cold there now (its still around 12 - 19 degrees). I would say that your average June day will be between 10 - 16 degrees.

But whatever the weather ... ENJOY

Oh and you to have to go to Fremantle to have fish & chips at 'Ciserello's' - The best fish and chips in the world!!

Originally Posted by Issie
Old May 1st 2007, 9:44 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by aussiegirl1970
June is the beginning of winter and believe me it does get quite cold in the winter in Perth.
We had a fish pond in our garden and it was so cold one June night a few years back that our poor goldfish froze to death.

Just like the british weather though, Perth's winters seem to be starting later but getting colder through the years. It's not uncommon for the temperature to drop down to 1 or 2 degrees through the night.
But having said that during June the weather should still be quite mild. I don't think you will be needing big thick jackets but you will definatley need some warmer clothes (no bathers and sarongs in June!)

I was speaking to my mum yesterday (in Perth) and she was complaining that its starting to get cold there now (its still around 12 - 19 degrees). I would say that your average June day will be between 10 - 16 degrees.

But whatever the weather ... ENJOY

Oh and you to have to go to Fremantle to have fish & chips at 'Ciserello's' - The best fish and chips in the world!!
Thanks very much!! We'll make a date for Ciserello's then

Cheers

Janine
Old May 1st 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Take a brolly it can get a little rainy in perth in june but its still very mild you gotta remember june in perth is equivilent of november in uk but much warmer around 18-20c i remember it hitting the news cos it hit 9c when i was there the coldest in 40 years not too bad hey!!!!
Dont forget to take in a west coat eagles game when your there brilliant game.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:01 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
i remember it hitting the news cos it hit 9c when i was there the coldest in 40 years not too bad hey!!!!
game.
That's UK summer isn't it
Old May 1st 2007, 11:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Take a brolly it can get a little rainy in perth in june
Little rainy? it f*ing pisses it down in June:

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/R/rainfall.cfm
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

I arrived in June 2 years ago and felt I had been cheated out of the sunny australia I had been promised, it pissed it down the whole month and I mean the whole month.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I arrived in June 2 years ago and felt I had been cheated out of the sunny australia I had been promised, it pissed it down the whole month and I mean the whole month.
My only winter here last year was dry but it looks like this one is going to be wet if we go by the rain we've already had.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi there,

Plenty of data at http://www.bom.gov.au

It will be mild, but possibly wet. Not beach weather. And the days will be short - dark around 5pm.

Have you thought of going further north in WA - somewhere like Broome or Shark Bay?
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth

You get that in a day on the East Coast at times.

WA is one of the driest states in OZ if not the driest.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nzer57
You get that in a day on the East Coast at times.

Driest state is South Australia.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My only winter here last year was dry but it looks like this one is going to be wet if we go by the rain we've already had.
In 2005 they had 200mm around May or June. Or something.
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:08 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nzer57
South Australia is the driest state. And Perth (not necessarily the whole of WA) is wet in the winter, dry the rest of the year - a "Mediterranean" type of climate. Adelaide is similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.