Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth- swimming pool construction

Perth- swimming pool construction

Old May 28th 2005, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Perth- swimming pool construction

I can't believe I'm writing this (dream come true)-

Can anyone recommend a good pool construction company in Perth?

Ali
Old May 28th 2005, 3:53 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth- swimming pool construction

Originally Posted by AliMay

Ali
No but if you put us up we can dig
Old May 28th 2005, 4:16 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Ali
Yes! Me!

I own a Swimming Pool design and construction company.

Aquability Pools.

Send me a PM with some details & I'll get in touch.

Cheers.... John...
Old May 28th 2005, 4:50 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ali

No, but I know where you can find some ducks to live in it .
Old May 28th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
No, but I know where you can find some ducks to live in it .
Don't mention ducks. Donald and Mathilda are no longer bothered by "snakes" and have been chased off three of times today. I've been told if they nest I should call the ranger.

Scossie- can you build an anti-duck pool?

Ali

Old May 28th 2005, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i was about to recommend scossie but he beat me to it!!!!!
Old May 28th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road

Guys,
Out of interest, how much to have a average size freshwater pool installed with all the necessary accessories???

Patmoss (Be in Sydney in 3 weeks!!!)
Old May 29th 2005, 10:57 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Out of interest, how much to have a average size freshwater pool installed with all the necessary accessories???

Every pool we build is individually designed to the size, shape, and incorporating whatever features the customer requires.
With that in mind, it's not easy to estimate a price without seeing the site and discussing exactly is required.

You can build in things like, water features, swim jets, spa seats, solar heating pipes, etc. so the price varies depending on what you want.

When you get to Sydney, do a bit of phoning around for quotes.
It's a bit far for me, (unless you want to pay for the flights!)
Old May 29th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road

cheers scos
Old May 29th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Ali
Hi Ali,

Know what you mean about the dream come true bit. We have recently sorted out a pool installation.

One point which I am currently a bit annoyed / perplexed about.

The area I live has a high amount of limestone and therefore digging costs are likely to be highter - fine no prob with that! However I was told on Friday that the bobcat digger guy will need to take away about 4 or 5 loads of sand / limestone rubble - approx 40-50 cublic sq metres. He then told me that to tip it at my local tip site (Tamala Park) they would charge me $550 per load!!! I told him there was no way I was paying $2.5K to get rid of sand. He told me of another option, whereby they dump the sand/limestone at Butler where they are currently leveling the area for new builds - this route is cheaper and I simply pay tipping fees by way of cartons of beer to the guys on site at Butler- fine no prob with this, except he is now telling me that potentially they will want 3 cartons per load of sand/limestone, and that they want Crown beers. I have no problem giving them a carton per load, but it seems to me 3 per load is taking the piss a little bit.

Does anyone have any experience of tipping fees for swimming pool installations in Perth, in particularly the Northern 'burbs and where they have not just had clean sand to be removed
Old May 29th 2005, 8:32 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi Ali,

Know what you mean about the dream come true bit. We have recently sorted out a pool installation.

The area I live has a high amount of limestone and therefore digging costs are likely to be highter - fine no prob with that! However I was told on Friday that the bobcat digger guy will need to take away about 4 or 5 loads of sand / limestone rubble - approx 40-50 cublic sq metres. He then told me that to tip it at my local tip site (Tamala Park) they would charge me $550 per load!!! I told him there was no way I was paying $2.5K to get rid of sand. He told me of another option, whereby they dump the sand/limestone at Butler where they are currently leveling the area for new builds - this route is cheaper and I simply pay tipping fees by way of cartons of beer to the guys on site at Butler- fine no prob with this, except he is now telling me that potentially they will want 3 cartons per load of sand/limestone, and that they want Crown beers. I have no problem giving them a carton per load, but it seems to me 3 per load is taking the piss a little bit.

Does anyone have any experience of tipping fees for swimming pool installations in Perth, in particularly the Northern 'burbs and where they have not just had clean sand to be removed
Well just how much is a carton of Crown beer?
Old May 29th 2005, 9:42 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Perth- swimming pool construction

Hi Ali,

CROWN beer must be really expensive if three slabs of beer comes to more than $550 bucks.........Won't they drink anything else....

CORKER
Old May 29th 2005, 10:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,

Pat,

We have just had a fibreglass pool put in, roughly 12m x 4m, saltwater chlorinator with all the bells & whistles including solar heating & it cost us around $30K.

Cant give any idea on concrete as we didnt even get a quote, we went with the fibreglass one that we got as its got a much better warranty than anything else on the market.

The average pool size that gets put in here in Brisbane is around 7.5m. The above price didnt include fencing (compulsory, thats costing us another $6K :scared: ) or landscaping/paving (about another $5K). Also, we had no extra costs for excavation or removal of soil (it was all dumped onsite) & no site access problems.

Those prices are obviously for Brisbane, I dont know how different Sydney will be, but it gives you an idea. Hope that helps.
Old May 30th 2005, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CORKER
CROWN beer must be really expensive if three slabs of beer comes to more than $550 bucks.........Won't they drink anything else....

CORKER
Dont get me wrong the Crown beer ($65 per carton) option is a lot cheaper, but when the swimming pool salesman quotes you "about $300 for tipping fees", then for the guys levelling land to demand more money/beer for sand with the odd bit of limestone rubble in it, well it kinda seems to be they are just taking the piss!!! (it is not as if it matters to them much if there is the odd small rock in the sand) If there is something I cannot stand is someone who thinks they can rip me off - i will do anything to prevent it! I am happy to come a fair agreement but don't go taking the piss!!
Old May 30th 2005, 9:14 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get me wrong the Crown beer ($65 per carton) option is a lot cheaper, but when the swimming pool salesman quotes you "about $300 for tipping fees", then for the guys levelling land to demand more money/beer for sand with the odd bit of limestone rubble in it, well it kinda seems to be they are just taking the piss!!! (it is not as if it matters to them much if there is the odd small rock in the sand) If there is something I cannot stand is someone who thinks they can rip me off - i will do anything to prevent it! I am happy to come a fair agreement but don't go taking the piss!!

In landsdale there is a place where you can tip. Now i dont know how much it is but im sure it aint much at all.

3 Cartons.... tell them to **** off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.